Saturday, Aug. 26th whats on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it’s still mid-morning Saturday here, but I already have plenty of thoughts about tonight’s meal. Maybe I’m strange but I usually wake up and already have ideas running through my head about what to serve for dinner!
It’s also a great time to make sure I have enough of what I might need from the store, do some prep if I need something that might take hours and sometimes do some research if I have a new dish I would like to try.
I’m probably going to do my chicken Katsu, because it is one of MrJade’s favourites 🫠

Well, it’s still mid-morning Saturday here, but I already have plenty of thoughts about tonight’s meal. Maybe I’m strange but I usually wake up and already have ideas running through my head about what to serve for dinner!
It’s also a great time to make sure I have enough of what I might need from the store, do some prep if I need something that might take hours and sometimes do some research if I have a new dish I would like to try.
I’m probably going to do my chicken Katsu, because it is one of MrJade’s favourites 🫠
That's not strange at all! I rarely plan ahead further than that unless we're having people over.

Chicken Katsu 🫠

IMG_0276.jpeg

Hell everyone knows its Saturday. And Sunday tomorrow. :)

Russ
Until it is next Saturday, Sunday, etc. SOOOO....a date will help if we want to return to see what sort of deliciousness someone made so we can ask them how to make it! 😁

This is going to be very confusing

Not with the date! Plus, I do think it is fair. Everyone should be able to post with the day/date that they make it.

The reason for putting a date, and not just a weekday, is that next week it will be clear that it doesn't pertain to Saturday 2023 September 2.
Taxy, eloquent as always. Thank you for a more clear response. :flowers:

I think the idea has a lot of merit, and I will be using this approach from here on out.
It’s really simple not to get confused - the person who start the Today’s Menu thread simply uses the day and date for wherever they are.

So we say 27.8.23 here. You lot are 8.27.23. Date kiwi way or murican way? Just to confuse any picky posters???
I think Brits do it my way as well??
:)

Russ

Yikes, this was always a contentious issue here! Just to add my British input - if we say the date as (for instance) Saturday, 26 August 2023, then everyone will know what day and date we are referring to? As mentioned, there is potential for confusion depending on where you live if you just use numbers. I actually had an issue with this at work last week - I was chasing an American supplier whose PCI DSS certificate had expired on 10/08/23 (which is 10th August to me) - but of course, in the US that is actually 8th October! Anyhoo, this evening I made Welsh Rarebit to a supposedly authentic recipe. It was okay. Not sure I would bother again. Ollie said the same.

Last edited:
I am guessing that Russ is joking buuuuut, just in case he is serious, I think you should post in whatever time zone you want. People can post for the date that applies to them when they post. Honestly, you can post in whatever format that suits - in fact, you can use military time as well. Most Muricans here are adaptable. If you have made it, then post it. Kinda easy.

I totally agree Kathleen! But I do recall several years ago, it became a bit of a war zone about when it was "okay" to post "today's" meal. I have often wanted to post but didn't feel it would be acceptable.

I totally agree Kathleen! But I do recall several years ago, it became a bit of a war zone about when it was "okay" to post "today's" meal. I have often wanted to post but didn't feel it would be acceptable.

Bah. If we are going to war, let's do it over important things like which knife is best or which cooking oil is healthiest. ;) On second thought.....let's skip those topics. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, no one should feel they cannot post what they make in the "what's on the menu" threads. To me, to have someone avoid posting would be unacceptable. We are all about getting involved and sharing our love of cooking....and food.......but mainly cooking. :whistling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom