Saturday, March 24, 2018, what are you making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
That includes reservations.

We're having an Italian small plates meal. Craig had picked up the heirloom tomatoes earlier in the week and we got some burrata as well. Carpaccio over arugula and I'm working on some focaccia that has grapes in it to go with prosciutto and maybe some bleu cheese.

I'm defrosting a NY Strip to reverse sear. I think we'll have pilaf and a veggie or salad tonight (whatever SO prefers).

We had paprika stew over wheat berries ( what odd word, I like the Swedish one, dinner wheat).

We are still full from the brie baked in puff pastry and the dates. Leftover lasagna if anyone is still hungry. Apple slices, just because.

Our dinner.

Attachments

• 2018-03-24 17.06.48.jpg
    2018-03-24 17.06.48.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 120
I roasted the turkey breast we got for free at Christmas. (Because we had to make room for the free turkey we're getting for Easter LOL)

So turkey, lettuce and stuffing sandwich and fresh string bean salad (steamed beans dressed with EVOO, fresh garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper).

turkey_sandwich_string_bean_salad_03244418_IMG_3833.jpg

I get hungry all over again reading all the dinner posts!

Udon noodles, poached shrimp, large slice of portobello mushroom sauteed in ghee with garlic, ginger, scallions, a couple of slices of jalapeno. All tossed together with a tiny drizzle of soy sauce and a small handful of fresh chopped parsley.

(and I forgot to take a picture - for SHAME dragn!)

Was very yummy and thankfully I only made one serving.

I had bought, then forgot about, a package of Stonefire Artisan pizza crusts. With a "sell by" date of 3-10, I thought I'd be taking a loss. Nope, all good. I made his-and-hers pizzas, then we nibbled at them all night long. Himself had pepperoni, prosciutto, mushrooms, roma tomato, and onion. I had prosciutto, roma tomato, green olives stuffed with feta, mushrooms, yellow peppers, arugula, and grape tomatoes. Both were topped generously with mozzarella cheese. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180324_220654.jpg
    20180324_220654.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom