Southern USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candylover

Assistant Cook
Hey y'all!

I decided to sign up this evening because I could not find an existing thread that addressed my specific question. So I'll be starting a thread here shortly, that is if there isn't a post requirement.

BTW, the random question that popped up while using the search function was perplexing, and I had to get a new question... I must know the answer!

"What important staple do cows produce?"
Steak wasn't the right answer.
Methane wasn't the right answer.
Protein wasn't the right answer.
After that I got a new question, I must be an idiot. :p

Hey y'all!

I decided to sign up this evening because I could not find an existing thread that addressed my specific question. So I'll be starting a thread here shortly, that is if there isn't a post requirement.

BTW, the random question that popped up while using the search function was perplexing, and I had to get a new question... I must know the answer!

"What important staple do cows produce?"
Steak wasn't the right answer.
Methane wasn't the right answer.
Protein wasn't the right answer.
After that I got a new question, I must be an idiot. :p

First, welcome to DC. And your answer is "milk." Remember your Bible, God promised Moses to lead his people to the land of "milk and honey. " The two foods provided by the animal world that is ready to human consumption immediately without any preparation. Two perfect foods. :angel:

Haha, oh yeah, milk! So simple!

My goodness, I was trying to eat the animal.

But only in a western/Eurocentric view is it milk. 60% of humans can't handle lactose after early childhood. Lactose intolerance was the norm in all pre-agricultural humans. Lactase persistence, the ability to utilize lactose throughout life, was a specific mutation that became dominant in dairying peoples. (A pretty good indication of how advantageous it was to be able to drink milk.) But hardly the perfect human food, since most humans can't use it without elabotate processing into its secondary products.

The coconut comes close to being the rare perfect, meaning complete, human food. But even Moses might have hesitated to try to walk to coconut country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom