Edit post question plus other question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texmex

Senior Cook
I found one answer to this but it showed an edit feature that wasn't showing up at least on my Android. I'm on my PC now, so not sure yet. How to edit a post you just made?

Other question: What section or thread is good for posting comments and/or photos from eating out at restaurants?

Thanks!

General Cooking forum is good for things that do not particularly have its own area.

It's very possible you will not see it on your phone as there are certain features not available on them. (but I'm not positive on that)

Just wondered. Think it was Charlie D that said he didn't get it on his, or perhaps it could have been some other function. I know that not all functions are.

I noticed there's no edit function when I access it through my PC either.

I got kicked out and had to use the contact form. About midday yesterday it said I have exceeded the limit of posts allowed in a 24-hour period. Weird.

Editing time is limited. After than you should not see the edit button. Or it will be grayed out.
PM editing has even a smaller window.

I swear I looked every place for it yesterday and I read and I knew that you can only hit it for a few minutes but I was editing as soon as I finish my post just to fix spelling errors. I had had to contact on the contact link because I couldn't get on part of the day yesterday and they changed something so maybe that straightened it out but I did not mention that to them the time. Seems everything is working now.

I cannot edit either. I just made a post, saw a spelling mistake, have never seen an edit button since I joined, looked to see if there was on in the tech help and can't see it. It's not on my phone or PC and I posted 3 minutes ago :S

I swear I looked every place for it yesterday and I read and I knew that you can only hit it for a few minutes but I was editing as soon as I finish my post just to fix spelling errors. I had had to contact on the contact link because I couldn't get on part of the day yesterday and they changed something so maybe that straightened it out but I did not mention that to them the time. Seems everything is working now.
They need to turn that option on. Other sites I’m on have an edit and a delete option. Some have a time limit another one doesn’t have an edit time limit. I went back weeks after I posted and I could still edit my post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom