Sunday, January 7, 2024 Dinner, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
Chicken and dumplings with canned pears on the side. What did you have?

1704672057938.png

I ran out of spoons, so we ordered from the place we usually get burrito bowls. I ordered three hard shell tacos. DH ordered a quesadilla and nachos. My tacos tasted good, but the bottoms were soggy, so they fell apart and I ate the part that fell off with a spoon. The nachos and quesadilla tasted good, but they didn't have any cheese. Not pleased. We won't be ordering either any of those items for delivery again.

I tried the Betty Crocker recipe for tuna tetrazzini which uses bottled alfredo sauce which I have never had before because I didn't think I would like it and it's so easy to make real alfredo. And it has peas and pimentos and canned mushrooms in it.

Anyway I did not like it and I tossed in a can of mushroom soup because that's how I usually make my tuna casseroles for decades just a simple type with mushroom soup, but that still didn't really save it.

I'm going to make myself eat a little more of it but I don't see myself eating on that all week.

Couple of weeks ago I made the Betty Crocker chicken and it was wonderful but it didn't use model sauce and had a roux.

When I was cheffing, all the line hated any subs or allergies etc. I just shrugged it off and said “eat whatever you like, I can make it, as long as it’s in our stock” (but please don’t go totally off-menu)

The strange thing about me was that I would get really annoyed when people asked for a filet Mignon well done (or somesuch)
Here I am, with a beautiful piece of meat, the highest quality you could find in any restaurant and you basically are asking me to incinerate it? Crying over here.

When I was cheffing, all the line hated any subs or allergies etc. I just shrugged it off and said “eat whatever you like, I can make it, as long as it’s in our stock” (but please don’t go totally off-menu)

The strange thing about me was that I would get really annoyed when people asked for a filet Mignon well done (or somesuch)
Here I am, with a beautiful piece of meat, the highest quality you could find in any restaurant and you basically are asking me to incinerate it? Crying over here.
Absolutely@

Edited to add I have a hard time even sitting with someone who orders steak well done at a restaurant. I find it embarrassing.

Oh, and have a friend who likes to eat ketchup with steak! I won't cook steak when she and her husband come over anymore because of that.

Last edited:
LOL🤣
Maybe I’m a bit naughty, but I would instruct my line to always cook a “well-done” to thirty seconds just over medium.
Most customers will say that they want a “well-done” steak because they don’t want to see the blood.
It’s not necessary to charcoal the meat until it’s one step from being turned into a diamond for it to be really enjoyable,
However….
One function lunch, many many years ago, I served beef fillet at the required temp - always med-rare for a large group.
Okay, so this guest sends it back “TOO RARE” says he.
Sure, no problem. Another minute on the brat pan.
Again, comes back “TOO RARE!”
Poor waitress is almost in tears.
Okay, another TWO minutes in the DEEP FRYER!!!!
No, comes back “TOO RARE!”
Okay, now I’m thinking this guy is taking the piss.
So I get all my team together, and tell them that we are going to stand around as we sing Kumbayah to this unfortunate piece of steak and we absolutely destroy it with fire - until it’s like that chunk of horrible-ness that you clean out of your barbecue grill.
Then we send it out to Mr Underdone guest.

Guess what he did?
He sent it back saying it was too overdone!!
I’m ripping my non-existent hair out just writing this!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom