The Sunday Munch - 6/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pulled my left thigh muscle, up at the top, and I've been hobbling around in pain for days........ but enough about me........

Grilled Kobe Burgers and Mashed Yukons under Mushroom Gravy, Grilled Yellow Squash....

Salmon burgers.jpg

Feel better LT!

Grilled oysters with a garlic/herb butter as an appy, then black truffle mac and cheese.

Attachments

• 2020-06-28 18.56.37.jpg
    2020-06-28 18.56.37.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 115
  • 2020-06-28 19.42.53.jpg
    2020-06-28 19.42.53.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 69
We ordered Thai food. DH had pad Thai with chicken and I had the Tom Yum soup with chicken. I'm glad we can get it delivered again.

I made some Szechwan eggplant tonight - the first thing I do every season when I get 2 lbs of eggplant. I also used garlic and scallion from the garden, and the first 6 okras - not traditional, but I didn't have enough to do anything with, so I added them to this.

The original recipe for this called for 8 scallions and 8 cloves of garlic, and as usual, I doubled it! Yet all it took was a huge scallion, that looked like a leek, to chop up into over 4 cups!
A very large scallion! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ingredients for the Szechwan eggplant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Szechwan eggplant, about half way through the stir-fry part. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made a 50/50 batch of brown basmati and millet in the Instant Pot, and served it with that:
Szechwan eggplant, served on a ring of brown rice and millet. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Pulled my left thigh muscle, up at the top, and I've been hobbling around in pain for days...
Aw, lucky, I'm sorry. I also feel your pain. Literally. I've had one since a week ago when I stepped awkwardly on my vacuum cleaner hose, suddenly experiencing a pain where the leg connects at the top. Feel better.

I made big garden salads (loving fresh corn in the salad lately) and small original Columbus OH Quisno's Italian sub sandwiches for supper tonight. Ended the meal with double-serving sized pieces of chocolate cake. Had to move the box out of the fridge...:whistling:

For Sunday dinner, my son and I had baked shredded chicken burritos, Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice (a nice recipe I found a few years back) and a little bit of 'Mexican' salad on the side. The only thing I was missing was the avocado, because I don't have any on hand.

Attachments

• Baked Shredded Chix Burritos.jpg
    Baked Shredded Chix Burritos.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom