Thursday, 1/12/2017- What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flour

Cook
Having man clean out fridge with bean and cheese tortillas, salad, and a coleslaw made with: amino soy sauce, sriracha, ginger, coriander, ranch, black pepper and salt added. I will be eating tuna again and breakfast biscuits

Last edited:
The coleslaw sounds strangely good, Flour.

I got a great deal on a pork butt roast, so I sliced it up yesterday and marinated most of it for Korean bbq tonight. The pork is grilled, then served wrapped in red leaf lettuce, shredded scallions, and ssamjang bean paste.
Ban chan sides are steamed (but served cold) squid rings with gochujang sauce, fish cakes, seaweed salad, and rice.
Boricha (barley) tea to wash it down.

There was a beautiful fat cap on the roast which I salted and froze for future rendering.

The scraps/chunks of pork were also frozen to make a pork ragu next week.

Last edited:
We're approaching our annual vacation so we're cleaning out the fridge and freezer a bit. Tonight's dinner will be orange chicken (TJs) with some veggies mixed in and some rice.

I'm doing a new recipe for low carb "Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole". I'll post the recipe if it's good, and anyone is interested.
I have lots of veggies from my Dollar Store haul, so think I'll marinate some zucchini rounds/mushrooms/red bell pepper strips, and roast them on a sheet pan for the side dish.

Kayelle, I rarely eat chicken anymore, but I do miss cordon bleu. Would be very interested in how you do the casserole if it works! Mouth watering just thinking about it :)

I got a great deal on a pork butt roast, so I sliced it up yesterday and marinated most of it for Korean bbq tonight. The pork is grilled, then served wrapped in red leaf lettuce, shredded scallions, and ssamjang bean paste.
Ban chan sides are steamed (but served cold) squid rings with gochujang sauce, fish cakes, seaweed salad, and rice.
Boricha (barley) tea to wash it down.

Nice sounding Korean fare.....When I can finally get some time off, I plan a drive down to NY for some good eats. I'll have to pick your brain for some suggestions....

Tonight I am doing up some chicken breasts with Genoa salami and Assiago cheese.. going to serve it on roasted root veggies...

Sort of a cottage pie with leftover roast beef, carrots, green beans, peas, potatoes, mushrooms, and a gravy made with onions, garlic, beef broth and worchestershire sauce. Homemade biscuits on top.

Roasted chicken, with steamed broc. Chicken was roasted with the traditional bed of potatoes, carrots, and onions, but I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. Wife agrees that sweet potatoes are much better.

I had a tooth removed so I have been having little meals throughout the day - frozen yogurt (chocolate AND vanilla), soup, more yogurt, more soup, more yogurt... :LOL:

I had a tooth removed so I have been having little meals throughout the day - frozen yogurt (chocolate AND vanilla), soup, more yogurt, more soup, more yogurt... :LOL:

I wish I could send you some homemade vanilla or coffee yogurt. It is so good.

Feel better. {{hugs}}

Nice sounding Korean fare.....When I can finally get some time off, I plan a drive down to NY for some good eats. I'll have to pick your brain for some suggestions....

Tonight I am doing up some chicken breasts with Genoa salami and Assiago cheese.. going to serve it on roasted root veggies...

Let me know if you make it to "the city". I'd love to hook up for some good Korean BBQ, or maybe our favourite noodle house. Both are in Jersey, BTW. The city is overpriced and crappy quality. Too many tourists.
Heck, c'mon over, we'll play some street hockey and I'll cook.

If you are in the city overnight, I'll give you a tour of CBS, although seeing the overnight news is like watching paint dry.

Last edited:
Back home, puttering around in my own kitchen. Not cooking, though, since we brought a couple of goodies home with us from our pilgrimage to West Side Market. We had our share of veggies while driving, munching on celery, carrots, and baby cherry tomatoes. At home, we each had half of a corned beef patsy and individual Scottish meat pie. Himself liked the patsy better, while I preferred the meat pie. Now we'll know for next time. Now I'm finishing up with a bit of fruit...wine, that is. ;)

Attachments

• 2017-01-12 22.08.06.jpg
    2017-01-12 22.08.06.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 2017-01-12 22.11.40.jpg
    2017-01-12 22.11.40.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 119
I wish I could send you some homemade vanilla or coffee yogurt. It is so good.

Feel better. {{hugs}}

Awe, thanks Ms M. I am sure coming from you it would be very tasty!

I am doing not too bad at all. Much less pain than the last two times. Maybe I am just getting used to getting teeth pulled! :ermm::LOL:

Back home, puttering around in my own kitchen. Not cooking, though, since we brought a couple of goodies home with us from our pilgrimage to West Side Market. We had our share of veggies while driving, munching on celery, carrots, and baby cherry tomatoes. At home, we each had half of a corned beef patsy and individual Scottish meat pie. Himself liked the patsy better, while I preferred the meat pie. Now we'll know for next time. Now I'm finishing up with a bit of fruit...wine, that is. ;)

Oh CG, memories of growing up! My favourite was the pasty though the meat pies were good too. We have a "British Store" just across the main street by our place and I keep meaning to go in and buy some to try. I have heard raves about all their food. My Mom loved steak and kidney pie - not my cup of tea!

Let me know if you make it to "the city". I'd love to hook up for some good Korean BBQ, or maybe our favourite noodle house. Both are in Jersey, BTW. The city is overpriced and crappy quality. Too many tourists.
Heck, c'mon over, we'll play some street hockey and I'll cook.

If you are in the city overnight, I'll give you a tour of CBS, although seeing the overnight news is like watching paint dry.

Hey, Bucky, I had a friend who was taking the broadcast journalism program I had planned to take. When he was graduating he was looking for a job in the Vancouver area either TV or radio. The only job offer he got was a reporter for a radio station in the interior He said he had no intention of going to the boonies...that is until he talked to a few people in the industry. Basically they told him he would get more exposure and work in the interior. Within 10 years he was still at the same station (what he didn't want to happen)...except that he had gone from reporter to newscaster to news director. Now he is back in Vancouver running the news for one of our main TV stations! Sometimes watching paint dry pays off ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom