Thursday, June 6, 2024 - Did y'all eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had crispy baked chicken thighs, chicken/mushroom egg noodles, sauteed bok choy, and biscuits with apple butter. I made a mini chocolate cake for dessert. What did you have tonight?

20240606_180343.jpg

I've been "grazing" on BB Ribs and beer bread all day. That's how I prefer to eat, and it helps me maintain my girlish figure. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, when I "graze" on small amounts of food all day, I actually eat less, and I don't go from being full to being hungry nearly as much.

CD

I've been "grazing" on BB Ribs and beer bread all day. That's how I prefer to eat, and it helps me maintain my girlish figure. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, when I "graze" on small amounts of food all day, I actually eat less, and I don't go from being full to being hungry nearly as much.

CD
I can relate to that, been there - not always but sometimes.

I bought a rib steak on special and had about a third of it tonight. I had a baked potato with sour cream (didn't eat the skin) and some of that Southwest inspired bean salad on green crisp lettuce. I had fruit salad with ewe's milk yogourt for dessert. I didn't take any pictures of the fruit salad.

Rib steak, baked potato with sour cream, and Southwest inspired bean salad on lettuce.jpg

I have to ask, are the container's labeled Ewe's Milk Yogurt? I've only seen them labeled Yogurt from Goat's Milk.
Why is 'Ewe' specified?
Curious minds need to know...

I have to ask, are the container's labeled Ewe's Milk Yogurt? I've only seen them labeled Yogurt from Goat's Milk.
Why is 'Ewe' specified?
Curious minds need to know...
Well, you wouldn't call it ewe's milk if it were from goats. Female goats are nannies or nanny goats. Ewes are female sheep. I don't know why they call it that, but it's what it says on the package. It also says "Yogourt de brebis":

It's a very nice yogourt and it has high calcium content

A tuna salad sandwich, a side salad, and a banana.

The local supermarkets are offering a different variety of bananas that stay green even when fully ripe. There isn’t any difference in taste or texture but it has been a bit of a learning curve for me. 🍌🍌🍌
There really is a learning curve. I don't expect my bananas to get freckles and then brown spots while they are still green.

Well, you wouldn't call it ewe's milk if it were from goats. Female goats are nannies or nanny goats. Ewes are female sheep. I don't know why they call it that, but it's what it says on the package. It also says "Yogourt de brebis":

It's a very nice yogourt and it has high calcium content

It kinda' goes without saying that sheep's milk comes from ewes. But, I've heard that if you accidentally milk a male sheep, you've made a friend for life. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

CD

Whoops, right taxy,
brebis is cheese from sheep (can one safely assume it is an ewe, not the ram).
Chevre is goat cheese (chevre translates to a goat, female - bouc is the french for the buck or billy).
Weird how things are named!

I bought a rib steak on special and had about a third of it tonight. I had a baked potato with sour cream (didn't eat the skin) and some of that Southwest inspired bean salad on green crisp lettuce. I had fruit salad with ewe's milk yogourt for dessert. I didn't take any pictures of the fruit salad.

View attachment 69531
Why no skin Taxy?

Why no skin Taxy?
I have arthritis and some nightshades irritate it. With potatoes, it seems like most of the glycoalkaloids in potatoes are in the skin, eyes, sprouts, and any green spots. It's mostly solanine. With tomatoes, the glycoalkaloids seem to be in the seeds or in the gel that surrounds the seeds.

I have arthritis and some nightshades irritate it. With potatoes, it seems like most of the glycoalkaloids in potatoes are in the skin, eyes, sprouts, and any green spots. It's mostly solanine. With tomatoes, the glycoalkaloids seem to be in the seeds or in the gel that surrounds the seeds.
Sorry to hear that Taxy. I had heard about some parts of tomatoes having these elements but didn't know about potatoes. (Though I had heard that potatoes that have turned green are not good for you - just didn't know why.)

Sorry to hear that Taxy. I had heard about some parts of tomatoes having these elements but didn't know about potatoes. (Though I had heard that potatoes that have turned green are not good for you - just didn't know why.)
I'm actually really glad I found out about the nightshades. I did a 30 day nightshade elimination diet and then introduced the ones I like back into my diet one by one. I haven't had actual pain form my arthritis for a couple of years. If I eat more nightshades than my body likes, it lets me know with twinges. I dial it back immediately, since I figure pain (including twinges) is my body telling me that damage is happening. I would rather skip the nightshade veggies than have to take pain killing drugs.

Back
Top Bottom