Tomato, Kalamata and Feta Salad w/ Shallot Herb Vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Salad
4 tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

Shallot herb vinaigrette
6 T. red wine vinegar
2 t. dried oregano
1 T. coarse grain dijon mustard
1 shallot, minced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 t. minced fresh ginger
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Make dressing. Combine first 6 ingredients and then gradually add oil in a thin stream. It should be slightly thisk. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad ingredients.

might i suggest washing the olives first in water to remove that hit in the face of salt, i enjoy it, but its a bit much for some people.....

For those of you who might be interested in trying this recipe I thought I would give you an update on how mine turned out the other day. I found that after making the dressing it needed quite a bit more red wine vinegar ( I used an aged red wine vinegar so that might have made some difference) and a small pinch of sugar. I bought a nice piece of french feta for the salad, but everyone raved about the dressing.

Looks like a great starter to a meal or take-along dish. Thank you for sharing.

Olives

[BMF] Chris said:
might i suggest washing the olives first in water to remove that hit in the face of salt, i enjoy it, but its a bit much for some people.....

Great hint. Thanks for helping me out with preparation of salads being made everyday for lunch. All told me too many olives. This is problem the reason why? Tone down the flavor. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom