Top Chef Starts Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is that on one of the judges' arm? At first I thought it was ritual scarification, then I thought it was an erased tattoo...but I really cannot tell. Does anyone know?

Did anybody watch the show this week? When Marcel won the quick-fire challenge he said something like, blah blah and besides I thought my watermelon dish was completely swan-yeah. No idea how this is spelled but thats how he pronounced it.

What the Sam Hill is swan-yeah?

soigne is how it's spelled. It means showing sophisticated elegance. When I was producing parties in NYC I would hire a performer from time to time. His name was Soigne D'Lux.

As soon as I heard Marcel say the name, it reminded me of Soigne and made me smile.

So what do you guys think of the action so far? I'm very happy to see Elia doing so well. She wasn't my pick in the beginning, but is quickly becoming my favorite. Especially loved the Holiday cocktail party episode. Coming from a background in high-volume catering, I loved the menu the "higher end" team came up with, but knew the execution would fail.

Is anyone still watching it?

i am, but i missed the end of the latest episode.

i'm rooting for elia :wub:. the hair and the accent got me.

next, i hope betty, sam, or ilan win.

buckytom said:
i'm rooting for elia :wub:. the hair and the accent got me.

Know what you mean buckytom.

At the end of the cooking on the beach episode I snapped wide awake when she started taking off her chef coat to go into the water.

Once again I agree with ChefJune today. Sam's the one with the curly pony tail, right? He always seems to quietly do the right thing when it's needed.

I'm amazed that that kid - Michael? - has lasted so long.

I think you'd have to give odds, maybe not very long ones, to attract bets against Sam.
The final four? In order, Sam, Elia, Ilan, and either Betty or Marcel. I'll root for Betty but, sadly, lay money on Marcel.

Cliff is right there among them, maybe even having an edge on Marcel and Betty but, for me at least, it isn't as much fun to root for or against him.
:)

LOL, you're right, skillet. Marcel is my go-to guy for that! He's even got a stupid name.

Apologies to all the nice men named Marcel out there.

Corinne said:
If you go to BRAVO you can take a look at the audition videos. Be sure to take a peek at Mike's.
:sick::pig::shock::shock::unsure::dizzy::yuk::eek:....yes, watching Mike's audition tape brought up a swell of emotions. Did he mention cooking at all????? I can sleep better tonight, however, knowing his method for bottom cleansing. I wonder how I'd gotten along a'tall without prior knowledge.

My daughter has the hots for Sam. I have a suspicion that Marcel could walk away with this, but he's just too much like a Santa smurf to actually pull it off.
I am selling lottery tickets to anyone interested in getting the opportunity to shave his head.

Back
Top Bottom