Trivia 1/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Trivia 1/8
DID YOU KNOW...
Dog nose prints are as unique as human finger prints and can be used to identify them

1. The biggest landlocked country in the World is ...........
a. - Kazakhstan
b. - Afghanistan
c. - Uzbekistan
d. - Pakistan
2. What is the national flower of Austria?
a. - White Rose
b. - Kangaroo paw
c. - Edelweiss
d. - Desert Flame
3. What sort of critter was Rikki-Tikki-Tavi ?
4. Name That Tune ;
Artist: Yvonne Elliman
Lyric: "Don't know why I'm surviving every lonely day; when there's got to be no chance for me, my life would end...."
5. In the classic novel "Little Women"(1868) by Louisa May Alcott, which of the four sisters dies?
a. - Jo
b. - Beth
c. - Amy
d. - Meg
6. Name That Flick ;
1968 with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, then in 1999 with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo
7. Who Am I ?
I was a Spanish explorer and conquistador known for leading the first official European expedition to Florida and serving as the first governor of Puerto Rico I spent a lot of time searching Southern North America for the "Fountain of Youth" ...
8. The word "geography" can be divided into two parts - "geo" and "graphy".
"Geo" means the earth, and "graphy" refers to what?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The woman who posed for Da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa” was named Lisa Gherardini Giocondo.
1. - a
2. - c
3. Mongoose
4. If I Can't Have You
5. - b
6. The Thomas Crown Affair
7. I am Ponce de Leon
8. Writing

TRUTH !!
Lisa Gheradini Giocondo was about 25 when she posed for Leo's painting. She was the daughter and wife of wealthy men and it is believed her husband paid Leo for her to be painted. She started as Mia Donna Lisa (my lady Lisa) and it got shorted to Monna Lisa. Due to a spelling error in English it is now known as "Mona Lisa". She is called "La Giocondo" in Italian and "La Joconde" in French.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom