Use It Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I wasn't on the road, but this applies. Three nights ago. I threw together a BBQ sauce by doctoring some Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce. Straight from the bottle, it's too spicy for DW. I used a quarter cup of SSBR, a Quarter cup brown sugar, 2 tbs. rice-wine vinegar, a dash og Mesquite flavored Liquid smoke, and two tbs. ketchup. It was perfect for her, well balanced and the chili flavor of the SBR Sauce was diluted just enough. I spooned it over lightly browned rib-eye pork chops. They were a hit. And the sauce ws great mixed in with white rice.

Night 2: Left over, uncooked pork chop, **** into pieces, fried with onion, chopped green peppers, and rice, with a little of the lefgt-ocer bbq sauxsw, and whole kernel corn added. It was yummy/

This morning: 1 lb. ground beef, browned. I added 3 tbs of left over bbq sauce, 2 tbs. sweet pickle relish, and 2 tbs. garlic marinara sauce to make a small batch of really tasty sloppy joe's.

This afternoon: 1/2 cup left over sloppy joe filling, 2 tbs. A! Steak Sauce, 1 can pork and beans. Heat and serve, Made a pretty goods ranch style beans dish; more savory than baked beans, but with a better balance of flavor than canned, ranch style baked beans.

The point of this thread is to show that by making something that can be easily altered as a base, you can create several good meals with minimum fuss and expense while traveling.

Happy traveling to all of you who are able.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind od the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom