Vegan burritos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry - that looks yummy and sounds yummy too! Well, not the vegan version but un-vegan style.

Have never quite understood the difference between a burrito and a wrap. Most I can figure out is it is one is open at one end, the other both end closed.
It was a plan B lunch, and honestly, when I hear wrap, I dont get excited, as most vegan' vegetarian wraps are just a bunch of grilled veggies ( mostly peppers and zucchini cause they are the cheapest). I ordered this one cause it was different, but didnt pay much attention as she was making it. If I knew how good it was going to taste, I would have watched her step by step as she assembled it. We were also eating on the go, so I couldn't dissect it, as I usually do when I eat something I really like, and want to duplicate it at home. It wasnt complicated, and didnt have exotic unique ingredients, it just all worked perfectly and tasted great. Sometimes simple can be extraordinary, and this was ( at least to me).

the few times I eat out (far and few between) depending on the menu - I almost always order Garlic Bread.
One restaurant has the most fantastic bread EVER. All other are just... garlic bread. all are on french bread, with butter, garlic, usually cheese, but no matter this one restaurant's technique is noticeably much, much better!
How do they do it?

taxy, it is if you are referring to the post where she says she doesn't have a grinder.
Oops, I misunderstood. Yeah, a pastry blender might work. I think a fork on its own would make too much mush. You are aiming for small pieces with only a little bit of "smoosh". This is not attempting to be the same texture as refried beans. This is trying for a texture similar to ground meat.

Do you have one of those contraptions for cutting the lard into flour for your pastry dough? That would work.

Or else a fork and elbow grease.

I dont have contraption.

Ok so I'm portuguese and when I read "elbow grease" I was like -what in the name of god ??" :) lool but googled it and now know what you mean, yeah that might work thx

Although not a burrito, but a wrap, this was one of the best wraps I've ever had. Simple but the flavor combos and amounts of each were perfect. We had the vegan version, but could easily be substituted with regular cheese , a regular mayo based chipotle sauce and chicken instead of tempeh. Here it goes: Whole wheat tortilla, Chipotle sauce ( with a little heat), Spinach, caramelized onions, tempeh, tomatoes, cheddar cheese. Heated just enough so cheese melts a bit.
That sounds great... I had never heard of tempeh.

@dragnlaw Yea I think the burrito is closed but also the dough is softer and of larger size in order to allow for the being all closed

I hesitated after I wrote that phrase, sometimes phrases like that don't translate. then I thought - "hopefully they'll ask if they don't understand." But your English is very good and wasn't sure if, in fact, you were not.

Back
Top Bottom