What are you eating Friday 11/3/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
The plan is Eye Round Roast, mashed potatoes, steamed baby spinach and burgundy pan gravy. But things can change.

My sister and I are going to a potluck in a few hours. It is a gathering of our exercise class at the local gym, compliments of the Silver Sneakers program. I'm taking green chile hummus and chips, sis is making cheese biscuits and the host is fixing a home made chicken noodle soup. Don't know what else will b e there. It is being held about 6 blocks from my house, so we will walk there. We are having perfect cool fall weather with some leaves still on the trees.

Ribeye steak, with red skinned potato something or other.

We're having or storm delayed Halloween tonight. DD, SIL and GS will be here shortly to Trick or Treat then we'll have our traditional American Chop Suey for dinner.

Still feels almost summerlike here, with highs in the low 70's. I was working outside today in shorts and a T-shirt, which is kind of crazy in November. As we're desperately hanging on to warm weather before the snow flies, it's burgers on the grill and oven fries.

A batch of chicken wings are roasting in the oven - I'll be having several of those, with sides of roasted asparagus, cauliflower, and a sliced apple.

the plan is eye round roast, mashed potatoes, steamed baby spinach and burgundy pan gravy. But things can change.

eye_round_110317_IMG_3373.jpg

It was pug bath day, so we had hot dogs, the leftover brautwurst, kraut, and various condiments, with chips. It was a very traumatic day and snuggles were required....

It was pug bath day, so we had hot dogs, the leftover brautwurst, kraut, and various condiments, with chips. It was a very traumatic day and snuggles were required....

Next time, bathe the dogs in cooler water.

CD :angel:

Everything sounds wonderful and I sure would like to come over each of your homes for dinner!

I have been stumped for dinner ideas of late and was trying to figure out what I could make with ground Beef...
Hamburger Steak Plate lunch-Hawaiian Style!
My plates leaned more forwards the Salisbury Steak type, with Mushrooms and Onions in the gravy, but all the better! Served with steamed white Rice and Corn (shucks, no mac salad on hand, next time ;))
Sorry I didn't get photos, I was just too dang hungry and it looked and smelled amazing!
The leftovers will be the makings for my breakfast tomorrow ...
Loco Moco!! with gravy ALL OVER!
DH is going out to breakfast with Mister Dear Friend in town so I can have whatever I want, YAY!! (DH dislikes Loco Moco :stuart:)

Wow, mofet, looks delicious.

LOL, Casey.

In trying to figure out this year's familial Thanksgiving logistics/politics, I was in the mood for a hot open turkey platter. I didn't feel like going to a diner to pay $16 for a few slices of turkey on bread with gravy, a scoop of stuffing, and a tbsp. of cranberry sauce, so I stopped at a supermarket on the way in to work and picked up a loaf of bread, roast turkey cold cuts, a jar of gravy, Stove Top stuffing mix, and a can of cranberry sauce.

OK, so the stuffing isn't the greatest, but for $12, I have enough for two hearty meals.

Had to use up some foods in the fridge, so I kinda made a silk purse from the proverbial sow's ear. Gone is the half of red onion. So are the bell peppers - red and green. I had half a can of diced tomato - tossed that in, too. Sauteed ground beef, added a package of Knorr's Spanish Rice, simmered the required 7 minutes and then some (lots of liquid with the 'maters). Called it Spanish-ish Rice. It looked more like an exploded stuffed pepper. :LOL: We split a tomato and knocked off the last of the fresh broccoli. Bucky, you may be puzzling about Thanksgiving, but our dinner plates looked a little like Christmas. :ermm:

Attachments

• 20171103_223756.jpg
    20171103_223756.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 102
Mom had chicken salad (think she's going to turn into chicken salad), and I had some vegetable beef soup - felt yukky last night but won't go into more detail.

Back
Top Bottom