What are you eating Tuesday 11/14/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
If all goes as planned it will be breaded chicken cutlets and linguini with broccoli rabe sautéed with EVOO & fresh garlic. At least for 3 of us. DD#2 is going to the doctor after work. She's been feeling lousy and had a 102 fever yesterday. She had to go to work today because she's a manager and had no coverage. :(

Last edited:
Since Kayelle posted about skillet browned chicken on top of dressing, I have had a craving for some..

Browning bone in chicken thighs and finishing, in the oven, on top of TJ's stuffing mix..
Will roast some veggies to serve with it..

Of course, some pie later..

Ross

I've been looking at a big container of leftover chicken casserole in the fridge, and couldn't decide if it was too old to eat tonight. For the life of me I couldn't remember the night I made it. Thanks to searching the dinner threads, we have to eat it tonight as I made it three days ago and that's my limit, although SC would eat it for a week.:sick:

What's your limit on leftovers?

I hope you like your chicken dinner Ross.:yum:

Last edited:
3-4 days here too, for most things. I've been known to keep a meatloaf or a roast beef in the fridge for 6 days, nibbling on the slices every day. It depends what it is...if it's a casserole that tends to get watery, I toss it after 3 days. I often look at the dinner threads to see when I made it, as well. :ermm::LOL:
--------------------------------

This evening's dinner will be an easy one - baked cod filet topped with lemon wedges, cinnamon sweet potato wedges, and a sliced apple.

Last edited:
I've been looking at a big container of leftover chicken casserole in the fridge, and couldn't decide if it was too old to eat tonight. For the life of me I couldn't remember the night I made it. Thanks to searching the dinner threads, we have to eat it tonight as I made it three days ago and that's my limit, although SC would eat it for a week.:sick:

What's your limit on leftovers?

I hope you like your chicken dinner Ross.:yum:

My limit is three days as well K; if we don't eat it or share it, into the freezer it goes for later. Most times DH won't eat leftovers though, so if I hide it for a coupla weeks in the deep freezer, no one's the wiser ;)

Last night I grilled a piece of Salmon on a Cedar Plank, a first for me!

001.JPG

This Fall weather here in the High Desert has just been gorgeous!
Mid 70's during the day and then our overnight lows have been in the high 30's

Anyways, dinner, yeah that's it...
I'll chop up a big bunch of different raw veggies, some beautiful olives and Feta Cheese for a lovely Greek inspired salad, topped with the fish. :yum:

DH has a dinner meeting, DS is at rehearsal, I had a meeting with our financial advisor so I just picked up some Chic-fil-A nuggets and a fruit bowl on my way home. It's been a while since I've had Chic-fil-A. The fruit bowl was delicious with strawberries, blueberries, apples, melons and mandarin oranges. My tummy is quite happy.

If all goes as planned it will be breaded chicken cutlets and linguini with broccoli rabe sautéed with EVOO & fresh garlic. At least for 3 of us. DD#2 is going to the doctor after work. She's been feeling lousy and had a 102 fever yesterday. She had to go to work today because she's a manager and had no coverage. :(

Breaded chicken cutlet and broccoli rabe.

chicken_cutlet_broccoli_rabe_111417_IMG_3445.jpg

My neighbor and I drove up to Prosper, TX to see what things look like up there. Neither of us had been their an ten years. We had lunch at an old "downtown" cafe. Bacon cheeseburgers that were pretty good, fries that were very average. Good iced tea -- important here in the South.

I'm up to my eyeballs in Photoshop work tonight, so it is another night of grazing. Mostly healthy.

CD

I've been looking at a big container of leftover chicken casserole in the fridge, and couldn't decide if it was too old to eat tonight. For the life of me I couldn't remember the night I made it...
I take photos most every night, whether I post them or not. Instead of questioning Himself and getting the standard "I don't know" answer, I just glance at my phone's photo gallery. I'm golden, as long as I remember where I put my phone...

We met up with tinlizzie at Bahama Breeze. Dinner was courtesy of Discover Card and their cash back gift card offers - love them for the restaurant cards when we travel. It was Happy Hour, so we ordered four appetizers to share - and took at least half of them home. :ermm: I did remember a photo of them, but forgot to take shots of our main meals. Tinlizzie had Shrimp and Cheese Grits (my favorite entree on their menu) with sauteed green beans, Himself had Paella, and I had jerk pork tenderloin, also with the green beans, and mashed sweet potato. Everything was good...but I think I'll get the shrimp and grits next time. :yum:

Appetizers going clockwise, from upper-left corner: Ahi tuna poke hiding under the chips, lobster and shrimp quesadilla, beef empanades, and skillet simmered jerk shrimp.

Attachments

• 20171114_181859.jpg
    20171114_181859.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 95
Pasta with Italian sausage, butter nut squash and smoked motz. Romano for topping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom