What do you like to collect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I collect dust, its getting out of hand , its stored everywhere, on shelves, the tv, its just everywhere! I've got to stop :)

I've been a coin collector for years. I even got into using a metal detector to help my coin collection grow.

Lately, I seem to be collecting fishing gear. I just can't seem to stop finding "something" that I have to have. One of the fishing boards I go to calls this the "bait monkey" and that bait monkey takes control or you and your wallet and makes you buy more stuff. Luckily, I have not been hit with bait monkey's close relative, boat monkey. Yet.

I don't actively collect anything at the moment... but I do have a collection of incense that I plan to burn one day. Every one of them at the same time in my back yard. I also use to collect unicorns. I don't like collecting things, I end up with a bunch of stuff that I don't have space for.
I seem to collect candles like you collect incense - I never burn them either! Weird, huh? (I'm always afraid my cats will set themselves on fire. Plus, teen boys tend to be pyros!) I also have a huge collection of fabric and yarn. Every few years, I try to be realistic and donate the stuff I'll likely never use but then I seem to replace it almost immediately. I have collections of Japanese pottery, Arts & Crafts copper and bronze ware, old books, and all sorts of stuff that seems to be in every corner of my house.

I collect records and casset tapes. I think music should be enjoyed using the media of that time, it was recorded to be listened to on records and cassets anyway right?

I don't actively collect anything at the moment... but I do have a collection of incense that I plan to burn one day. Every one of them at the same time in my back yard. I also use to collect unicorns. I don't like collecting things, I end up with a bunch of stuff that I don't have space for.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can relate to that! and long after you're finished with collecting whatever it was, folks still find "stuff" for you at garage sales that mostly you wouldn't have wanted when you were collecting.

However, in addition to cookbooks autographed by my friends who wrote them, I also collect Champagne glasses. but I USE them, and since they are also breakable, they somehow manage to avoid becoming extraneous. :LOL:

I collect dust, dog hair, cat hair, soot and nasty notes from my stupid sister-in-law. Outside of that, I collect recipes for wood stoves.

collect angels of all sizes and kinds.

Ha my mom collects angels... its very indicitive of her charachter and makes for easy gift giving expect this xmas all the angles I came across were sort of scary and made in china so she got a tablecloth and cookbooks:rolleyes:

I try to collect thinsgs I will use and not collect for collections sake but sometimes it gets a bit too much. I collect various coffee making apperati.... I like vintage kitchenwares (this started out of need shopping thrift but I found I really like the old things) I have particular fondness for things that are not made anymore or not made well anymore.... this is what got me started on cast iron.

I never collect in the real "collector" mode though paying an arm and a leg for things... just picking up what is available. I always seem to end up with more than i need though.

I like vintage kitchenwares (this started out of need shopping thrift but I found I really like the old things) I have particular fondness for things that are not made anymore or not made well anymore.... this is what got me started on cast iron.

:ROFLMAO:Watch out! This is how I started!:LOL:

Silly me, I also forgot to mention that I like to collect angels as well as limoges, lol
What are limoges?

This is the ornament I received this Christmas.
img_761749_0_7ea3a4db7586c98b776d04c860dbf19d.jpg

I like vintage kitchenwares (this started out of need shopping thrift but I found I really like the old things) I have particular fondness for things that are not made anymore or not made well anymore.... this is what got me started on cast iron....

That is what I like too and cast iron. I was at a thrift store before Christmas and saw so many things that they don't make anymore. I was so tempted, but didn't get anything, since i don't have much space.

What are limoges?

Limoges is beautiful china from the area of Limoges in France. There are several companies there still producing absolutely breathtaking dishware (at also breathtaking prices :rolleyes:) AND there are beautiful antique pieces available in shops and flea markets.

If I had lots of money, I would buy a set from this company. Bernardaud.

Limoges is beautiful china from the area of Limoges in France. There are several companies there still producing absolutely breathtaking dishware (at also breathtaking prices :rolleyes:) AND there are beautiful antique pieces available in shops and flea markets.

If I had lots of money, I would buy a set from this company. Bernardaud.
Thank you, for letting me know. I surely don't think I could afford to collect that, but maybe in some other lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom