What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a drive-up restaurant. They have a couple of other things - like the most amazing milkshakes ever. Here is there entire menu. It's not a lot, and it really has not changed since 1955. Cash only. The lady comes to the car to get the order and bring you food. Items in green are not original when the place opened or they were added by the person who purchased the place when the original owner retired. (The new owner worked there.) Or so that is what I heard. 🤷‍♀️

1716156091179.png

Last edited:
It's a drive-up restaurant. They have a couple of other things - like the most amazing milkshakes ever. Here is there entire menu. It's not a lot, and it really has not changed since 1955. Cash only. The lady comes to the car to get the order and bring you food. Items in green are not original when the place opened or they were added by the person who purchased the place when the original owner retired. (The new owner worked there.) Or so that is what I heard. 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 69297

I think you misunderstood my post. That must be at least fifty menu items.

CD

Today I made the Julia Child Wild Rice recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Had it with scallops that I sauteed in olive oil and lemon juice according to Moosewood, then also some frozen cauliflower. I just microwaved the cauliflower because I had done so much on the stove already. I was all stoved out.

Didn't eat breakfast, so when I got back from the Y I had a couple of butter basted eggs with a side of asparagus wrapped in bacon. (ok, I just reheated the asparagus 'n bacon, found at the back of the fridge) Tasty!

At the beach the other day.
The City & County of Honolulu allows vendors.

View attachment 69540
This is a mini plate lunch, Teri Beef : two huge pieces of meat, a big scoop each steamed white rice and macaroni salad, we shared and it was plenty for us two.
PLUS, doesn't everything taste better at the beach?

Looks and sounds great!
Yes, everything somehow tastes better at the beach.

Fresh pasta (store bought) dressed with chopped pancetta, peas and mushrooms, sautéed in EVOO, onions, then tossed with some grated Parmigiano Reggiano.

Attachments

• IMG_20240624_123625.jpg
    IMG_20240624_123625.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240624_125819.jpg
    IMG_20240624_125819.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 19
Sliced, breaded and fried eggplant.

Yesterday I peeled and sliced an eggplant I got out of the reduced bin (($1.49). Egged, breaded and refrigerated. Fried most off today with a sprinkle of parm. Did the rest in the oven. Cooling now and I think I will freeze them. Ate about 6 slices. (was going to make Parmigiano but....)

Spaghetti with fresh cherry tomatoes sauteed in EVOO with a little garlic, sprinkled with home-grown fresh parsley.
A glass of Cabernet🙂.
Mmm, that looks so delicious and it's so easy to make! I love stuff like that, it's the best!

Spaghetti with fresh cherry tomatoes sauteed in EVOO with a little garlic, sprinkled with home-grown fresh parsley.
A glass of Cabernet🙂.

I used to make something a lot like that, but with basil from my garden instead of parsley (gotta' use what grows ten feet from the kitchen). I need to do that again... soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom