What I Did On My Winter Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Here are a few pics from our Aruba vacation:

Attachments

• Divi Tree #11.jpg
    Divi Tree #11.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01204.jpg
    DSC01204.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC02408.jpg
    DSC02408.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 151
And a few more.

Attachments

• DSC02425.jpg
    DSC02425.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00206.jpg
    DSC00206.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 145
Memories that will last a lifetime. Those sunny, white sandy beaches look much nicer than this 28F temperatures we're having here.

:):):) Wonderful!

Is that your time share? Wow!

Didja get to bring the birds home?

Last edited:
:):):) Wonderful!

As the Beach Boys put it, "Aruba, Bahamas, come on pretty mama, Jamaica, Bermuda...". Or something like that. I might have them out of order.

Not fair making me sing it in my head!!!! Aruba, Jamaica...Bermuda, Bahamas.

Lyrics: Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you / Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama / Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go / Jamaica / Off the Florida Keys ...

Looks like you are having a great time, Andy!

Lyrics: Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you / Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama / Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go / Jamaica / Off the Florida Keys ...

Ya just had to do that? :huh:

PrincessFiona60 said:

Oh, sure, just after I realized I didn't remember the lyrics and cleaned up my post, you remembered the song! :LOL:

Andy, I am so jonesing for our next vacay! Thanks for the pics!

Last edited:
Oh, sure, just after I realized I didn't remember the lyrics and cleaned up my post, you remembered the song! :LOL:

Andy, I am so jonesing for our next vacay! Thanks for the pics!

LOL!!! You know we are posting on the biggest searchable database...just for Shrek I have probably bookmarked 5 lyrics sites!

Very nice, Andy. Thanks for the pics.
That pool/rock area is a beautiful design.

Thanks for sharing your lovely pics! how are you faring now that you're back home? I am finding the return to cold and snow quite difficult. Next time I do a tropical winter vacation, I intend to return in late spring, not mid-winter!

I keep reviewing my pics too, but not sure if it's helping with everyday reality when I look out the window onto a snowy landscapre. Do you have much snow in Massachusetts?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your lovely pics! how are you faring now that you're back home? I am finding the return to cold and snow quite difficult. Next time I do a tropical winter vacation, I intend to return in late spring, not mid-winter!

I keep reviewing my pics too, but not sure if it's helping with everyday reality when I look out the window onto a snowy landscapre. Do you have much snow in Massachusetts?

Soma, he is still on his vacation. But here in the Boston area we have had only a dusting so far this year. And that melted by noon from the sun. Today is going up to the 50's. No chance of snow today. :)

Andy, your pictures are beautiful. How is the food? Do you have a favorite meal?

We had our favorite meal tonight. Dinner was at a small family run Italian restaurant located in the family's home. Husband and wife do the cooking. Max. seating is about 30 people.

Tonight for an appetizer, I had a lightly batter dipped and fried shrimp with a creamy dipping sauce. The main course was a spaghetti carbonara that was out of this world rich and delicious. Dessert was a chocolate, almond and pistachio roll with ice cream with an espresso to wash it down.

Best meal I've had for some time.

Back
Top Bottom