What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having a snowstorm. 40 cm is approximately 16 inches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-07 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-07 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 102
A lot better than it was yesterday. We had almost 5" of rain Thursday night and yesterday morning, and our main road into the neighborhood got flooded.

A lot better than it was yesterday. We had almost 5" of rain Thursday night and yesterday morning, and our main road into the neighborhood got flooded.

That's the kind of excitement a person can do without. I hope you are all set to handle a short duration of being stranded. I hope you don't have any flood damage.

Yeah, cj, what taxy said.

And YOU, taxy, I hope that you and Stirling are set to stay put. That's quite a bit of snow to get all at once. That's definitely stay home and snuggle under the covers weather. :brows:

Yeah, cj, what taxy said.

And YOU, taxy, I hope that you and Stirling are set to stay put. That's quite a bit of snow to get all at once. That's definitely stay home and snuggle under the covers weather. :brows:

Yeah, we stayed in. It wasn't that cold. We got 35 cm total snow for Thursday and Friday. Now, it's cold. -16°C (3°F) and feels like -25°C (-13°F). All of which is just winter in Québec. :cool:

I've been hibernating most of January into February. Cold, wet and grey weather here. The worst part is the prevalent North wind, which only happens in winter here. Nine months a year, the wind if from the South.

Did you know North Texas is windier that Chicago? Texas leads the nation in the number of wind energy turbines. The Texas legislature tried to kill it to protect the fossil-fuel industry, but it managed to prevail to the point that Texas "Rs" decide to brag about it -- while still trying to kill it. Go figure. Now we also have a President trying to kill it.

Oh well, for now, I have two furnaces burning natural gas all day for two-or three bucks a day, thanks to fracking and "a little help from their friends" in Austin.

CD

I believe it hit 70F here in San Diego today. I sat on the patio for about an hour after breakfast and appear to have a pinkish glow on my face, arms and legs. Sort of a modified Farmer's tan.

That's the kind of excitement a person can do without. I hope you are all set to handle a short duration of being stranded. I hope you don't have any flood damage.

Taxlady, we were fine with groceries. I keep extra bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheese for times like that. I also have canned goods, pb & j, and bread in the freezer. Had just stocked up on waters. Also have plenty of batteries for radio and flashlight, and a couple of battery powered cell phone chargers. It's called living in Hurricane country. Only thing we almost ran out of was tomatoes and cucumbers.

GG, how did you do with all the rain and stuff Thursday night & Friday morning?

It wasn't too bad here, at least for us. There was a lot of heavy rain overnight and a lot of wind, but we had no damage. A tree was blown down onto a neighbor's car a few blocks away and it took the electrical wiring with it, so they were without power for about a day and a half. It's fixed now and there's no great damage to the car.

We're flood-prone here, but we didn't have any in my neighborhood this time. DH went to work as usual.

Glad everything is okay with you and your mom.

Last edited:
Cindi, GG, glad to hear you and your homes are fine.

We tend to be prepared too. We get deep snow, freezing rain, stupid cold - days when we would rather not leave the house as well as the occasional power outage, often due to trees breaking in severe weather.

Thanks, taxlady. I truly appreciate the thoughts.

Glad you made it through OK, GG. Supposed to have more rain tomorrow & Thursday, but not as much as last time. Thank goodness for that.

In summer good neighborly etiquette is such that one should not mow their lawn until 9:00 a.m or better. In winter, it is perfectly acceptable to snow blow your driveway/ sidewalks anytime you need to do so. Case in point. Someone, close by, snowblowed their property at 2:30 in the morning. Woke me up. That's ok, I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

Today, the city has come by, plowed one sweep down the middle of the street and did a good job on the alley, complete with sanding the alley too. Not sure they've splayed sand before this winter.

Now it's going to get cold and colder the next several days. Temps started at 24 F/ -4 C and temp has started dropping by mid day, We're at 19 and going to below zero before tomorrow's high +10F.

Hey GG, you ready for the maybe-mess that might happen Thursday night and Friday morning? Mom wants to go to the store this AM, so guess I'll brave the sort-of madness that is a grocery store in the South when that 4-letter word dares to show up on the forecast.

Today's weather is rain and chilly. Yuck.

Hey GG, you ready for the maybe-mess that might happen Thursday night and Friday morning? Mom wants to go to the store this AM, so guess I'll brave the sort-of madness that is a grocery store in the South when that 4-letter word dares to show up on the forecast.

Today's weather is rain and chilly. Yuck.

I have plenty of food, water and wine, so I guess I'm as ready as I can be :LOL: I just checked the forecast - the projected temp is a bit too close to freezing for my comfort - we might get freezing rain rather than snow. Whatever happens, I'll just hunker down with one of the many books I've accumulated lately ;)

That rain fell here overnight, so it's just cloudy and chilly now :LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom