What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now--the weather stinks....

Sleeting for the last few hours, supposed to get up to 8" of snow tonight with high winds....

Sunny, but bitterly cold!!

Old Man Winter is really making people suffer this time around! And the worst part is we still got January and February to tend with, and even March!

Usually in January, we DO get about a week or so of mild sunny weather in the 50's or so.

We will be having a very hot Christmas - 38C (~100F) on Christmas Day with 35C on either side of it. So our plans for Christmas Day lunch have now changed as mum's place has no aircon and we don't want to put the oven on.

Wow, that is hot! My Big Green Egg would cook a fine turkey. What are you having instead of your usual Christmas fare?

Our temps are about freezing and going up to +3 today, +5 tomorrow and some rain predicted. I hope we don't lose all the snow, and that the wind turns around, so we get more winter weather over the holidays.

We are going to have a small grilled crayfish each with lime butter and a sunshine salad (lettuce, tomato, beetroot, pineapple, orange and prunes) but followed by my brother's Christmas pud. That way we only have to use the microwave and electric grill. Luckily Boxing Day is at my house and I DO have aircon!! I turn forty in a couple of weeks, and I am yet to recall more than a couple of Christmas Days where it wasn't either blistering hot or thundering down! Still not used to it though! LOL

Had one semi-frozen Christmas when I went to England, so I can sympathise with you Cordel!! A temperature somewhere in the middle of the two would suit me down to the ground!! LOL

It's crazy warm outside for December (in Ohio),
It's about 50F degrees right now. A bit windy.
Gusts are about 40 m.p.h.
Why can't it STAY like this ?????
I'd LOVE it !!!!!!

Hmm, I love the heat, but Christmas would be hard without snow. I could spend November and the first half of December somewhere hot and sunny, but then it is time to head up and get a little cross-country skiing in.

The grandkids are here and will be out tomorrow making a snowman if the rain is not pouring down too hard. It is above freezing now, but will get colder again tomorrow night.

it was unusually cool here today, normally hitting 30 (88F) or so, yet we've been sitting on 23 (74F-ish) all day, and I want the hot weather again!!! Bilby, what you're having sounds great for Christmas Day, unfortunately my family is very traditional, so we're having the whole baked dinner etc, which means the house will be a furnace (we have a/c, but doesn't do it's job properly if the oven is constantly going). We'll have to take refuge outside in the pergola area and hope there's a wind blowing (or that the temps are like today, lol)

Today, we can watch the snow disappear as the rain pours down. Our road will be a mess, since the snow is melting and the road was probably not thoroughly frozen before it got covered in snow. It is +7, a silly number for Dec. 23.

I'm in Queensland, about 30mins north of Brisbane. Humid again today, and I reckon we might have a few showers. Nothing major though, but I expect it'll probably be the same tomorrow though too.

Well we are under a flash freeze warning. It has been raining for just over 24 hours, and there is a cold front coming in, bringing snow along with the freezing. I hope everyone who has to travel for the holidays are safe. I am glad my daughter is safely at her in-laws, and by the time they leave for here, things should be settled again.

A cold front blew (howled, actually) in last night, and temps fell very quickly from 60 to 30. No complaints, though...it's been a beautiful sunny day, and it could be a lot worse here at this time of year.
We did have a tree blow down last night, but it was a scrappy looking elm about a foot in diameter, and was probably rotten, anyway. I doubt we'll bother with it until spring. In the meantime, it's covered with ivy that the deer couldn't reach before, so they'll enjoy nibbling on it for a while.

Today is meant to be 43C which they said on radio this morning was the hottest expected maximum for a capital city anywhere in the WORLD today! As I write this, it is just over 40C. Needless to say, I am in lockdown in my house with my mum and my cats, trying to stop the heat getting in and stopping the aircond-ed air escaping!! LOL

Weather

At my place in Nevada the next 5 day forecast. Snow showers, wind and COLD!
The high for the period is forecast to be 35 degrees, the lows in the single digits.

BRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Charlie

Today was the hottest Boxing Day on Perth's records (44.2C) which is the highest December temperature ever! Fires a surrounding Perth and power outages are rife across the city. Animals and people have been suffering from heat exhaustion and one of the southern suburbs are awaiting evacuation notices from fires jumping roads. It is just gone 7pm and it is still 37.6C. Really horrible day...

Rainy, drab, cool, almost puts me into a 'sullen' mood. I guess better today than Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom