Which vegetable you hated but now love to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lots of new people! Welcome to DC for those who are newish!

I love olives. I live with someone who says they have the texture of puppy noses. Now how would he know? :LOL:

Did you mean to quote lastmanstanding? Because, I don't think the two of you are talking about the same thing.

I looked up "Ceylon olives" on Wikipedia and they look like an olive, but they are not what we call an olive. They aren't even vaguely related to the olives that come from the Mediterranean areas. They are the fruit of a tropical plant that is indigenous to Sri Lanka.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaeocarpus_serratus

No they are not related. I think the name because of the general shape, or the Fruit with an English name closest to the shape of the fruit. lol. We call it "Veralu." "e" as in When not "ee"
Fun fact: among peer groups, mentioning the smell of veralu flower is regarded as a filthy joke because it smells exactly like sperm. :LOL:

As a kid, I hated asparagus. I would pull it off my plate and toss it under the table, then sneak back and clean it up.

But in my 30s, I started liking it and now it's a favorite.

Tomatoes! When I was a baby, the first summer after I was born Mom says I ate so many tomatos that I had a rash from under my lip to my diaper line. The next summer I REFUSED to touch them. Now I eat them in salads, but have to be cherry tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom