Your favorite puppy/favorite dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
There is no wrong answer here. Based on your experiences with dogs,. What you grew up with, and what you want the animal to do, we all have differing opinion as to what constitutes the cutest puppy, and favorite dog breed.

Cutest puppy:
The cutest puppies for me are the scent hounds, with the beagle being my favorite. I grew up with beagles, and had the joy of finding a litter of puppies from our female - Queenie, in a brush pile in our back yard. I was walking the block-long driveway from where the school bus let me off, to our home. We had woods on both sides of the driveway. I heard this tiny mewing sound. I went into the tall grass and trees, and was able to find the new-born puppy by its sound. It fit into the palm of my hand.

I gathered it up and took it home. I showed it to my stepfather, and he found Queenie with the rest of the litter. I pleaded ot be able to keep one of the puppies, and was granted that privileged. I named him Tuffy. Until he escaped, which beagles are masters of, and got hit by a car, he was my best friend I had him for almost two years. It broke my young heart.

Favorite breed:
though i love beagles, they tend to be good only for their ridiculously friendly disposition,, and their ability to hunt rabbits.

My favorite breed is Labrador Retriever. I purchased a yellow lab that came from a throwback liter, almost for a song. Both parents were jet black, papered, and winners at dog shows. all of the puppies were either chocolate, or yellow. i selected the largest puppy, who was called moose by the original owner. I changed his name to Tank. From the time I got him, I spent 2 to 3 hours per day training him to come only to his name, and to the sound of a chicadee song, which I mimicked. I then taught him to retrieve, followed by teaching im to flush birds. He learned everything at an amazing pace, and except for my wife and kids, was my most important friend. And only that beagle puppy was cuter.

i love the breed because they are a great dog for letting you know when someone is coming, are great and versatile hunting dogs, and can be trained to do almost anything. They are used by the police, by the military, and by countless people..The only downside to a lab is that they are so Big. At 18 months, Tank weighed in at 85 lbs, and still thought he was a lap dog. He was powerful enough to drag a forty pound cement slab around, and broke a metal fence post off at its base.

Labs are also very loyal, and great with children of all sizes. They will kill geese and ducks as they try to play with them in the water, so you do have to keep an eye on them. But for me, especially in my twenties, Tank was the perfect dog. They are smart, and need proper training, as their natural instinct, like a beagle, is to run off to the woods and chase something down. However, there is no dog more eager to please their master, IMHO.

Ok, your turn.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I never had a dog until I got Princess Buttercup and I am sure I have messed up any training. She thinks she's a cat...

Without a doubt, the Golden Retriever is the most perfect breed around. They are friendly, eager to please, even-tempered, smart and beautiful.

We had a golden many years ago and the experience was without equal.

I can't really say I've got a favourite. But my main love was German Shepherds.
Starting with Bullet, then Rin Tin Tin. Although I liked Lassie, can't say I was a fan.
I've loved all my dogs and miss them all. Duchess(german shepherds), Peggy and Sue (newfoundlands),Trixie (german shepherd mutt), Shaft (german shepherd), Lady Jessica (german shepherd), Shaft II (german shepherd), Maggie (black lab), Trail (yellow lab), Grimlock (sarloose wolfhound) Maya (black retriever).
Each of them were the best! and each were my favourite!

Then there were the dogs that I've babysat so much they were practically mine. Loupa (husky/wolf), Kayla (long hair weimaraner), Dusty (german shepherd), Sadie (black retriever).

Funnily enough, although my parents bred weimaraners I've never owned one.

They've each had their idiosyncrasies (good, bad and screamingly frustrating) and I've loved each and every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom