Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsM, I could dig into that right now!! SLURP.........Yer killin me here. Tell me about the bread will ya? Gimmie a run down on that gorgeous lasagne?

I don't know what's for dinner here........all I can think of now is that durn picture.

I've got a crock pot of ham and beans (great northern and navy mix) ready and we're waiting for the corn bread to finish baking. I'm trying a new recipe for corn bread that my sister makes that she says is really good. I've not tasted it yet but it's looking gorgeous in the pan.

I raided the freezer and pulled out some crab legs, a strip steak and 5 (I think) half strips of bacon. Waiting for the thaw...

So my gnocchi dissolved as soon as I put it in the water. Next time I'll use an actual recipe instead of going in blind. On the upside, I made an amazing sauce. I'll just whip up some pasta!

So my gnocchi dissolved as soon as I put it in the water. Next time I'll use an actual recipe instead of going in blind. On the upside, I made an amazing sauce. I'll just whip up some pasta!

Ouch.
I've yet to try homemade gnocchi. Something to look forward to...

Good plan B.

MsM, I could dig into that right now!! SLURP.........Yer killin me here. Tell me about the bread will ya? Gimmie a run down on that gorgeous lasagne?

I don't know what's for dinner here........all I can think of now is that durn picture.

Thank you K. Here are the links to the recipes.

MsMofet's Baked Meat Lasagna

Pasted from <http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/msmofets-baked-meat-lasagna-71333.html#post986700

Ms Mofet's Garlic Bread

Pasted from <http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/ms-mofets-garlic-bread-76499.html#post1079365>

Tonight's will be Mexican food from our favorite local taco shop enjoyed with Nobilo Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Hmmm, can you say "International"?

going to make sandwich, roast beef, provolone cheese, and whole green chillies on jewish bread. then i grill it to heat up and melt the cheese. chips i think will do for side. cookies and cream ice cream.

Thanks so much for those links MsM!! I'll tell ya girl, you sure can cook!!

I HAD to have lasagne tonight and it's too late to make it. I sent Steve to the store to get some frozen lousy substitute, but it will have to do for now. I would have made reservations at some Italian restaurant but there's not a decent one for miles!!

I can't wait to follow your very clear directions for your masterpieces. You're combination of cheeses is something I haven't done in my lasagne and I love the idea of the eggs.
My mother always used hard boiled egg slices in her wonderful enchiladas.

Thanks so much for those links MsM!! I'll tell ya girl, you sure can cook!!

I HAD to have lasagne tonight and it's too late to make it. I sent Steve to the store to get some frozen lousy substitute, but it will have to do for now. I would have made reservations at some Italian restaurant but there's not a decent one for miles!!

I can't wait to follow your very clear directions for your masterpieces. You're combination of cheeses is something I haven't done in my lasagne and I love the idea of the eggs.
My mother always used hard boiled egg slices in her wonderful enchiladas.
Thank you K. My mom and hers before put the hard boiled eggs in and I love them. Thank goodness my family does also. LOL Or they would be unhappy. TeeHee

Let me know what you think of it.

That is what we're having with tater-tots
Here was dinner.

img_1079478_0_3653eeb257cfe0dbc3c411ea08d4bb2a.jpg

Found some beautiful skate wing and brussels sprouts at Whole Foods. Served them up with some red potatoes. I have never seen such a beautiful selection of fresh food at even a farmer's market. Did the skate wing with a classic Meuniere sauce. Sprouts got blanched in water, then sauteed with olive oil and a little garlic. Potatoes got blanched until fork tender, then cooked up some garlic and rosemary in some olive oil, tossed the potatoes in that. A really easy meal but it was tasty.

Though not quite "for dinner" I also made up a batch of quinoa tabouli and some hummus. Tomorrow I'm going to do some tzatziki.

Last edited:
i would agree, but ketchup?

ketchup?

oh, say it ain't so, beanie.

that's like painting a moustache and glasses on the mona lisa... :huh:
;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom