What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness - and I thought I was on a lot of meds. My mom had a bleeding ulcer a couple of years ago, and they put her on 2 different antibiotics for 30 days, and a medicine called Protonix 2x a day for the rest of her life.

Protonix is one of mine. It was given by IV in the hospital, an now by pill. I think it prevents bleeding.

My sister is an RN with 30-plus years experience. I'm sending her a list to translate.

I am beginning to see my ankles, again, and my knees bend more that 25-perent. I wasn't allowed to eat for three days in the hospital, and gained 18 pounds in IV fluids.

CD

Last edited:
What's That Smell?

Over the years, my nose has become mostly decorative as my sense of smell has diminished. SO, on the other hand, claims to have a super sensitive sense of smell and detects all sorts of smells that have cost us more than a few dollars in "spoiled" food.

Just this morning, SO was in the basement and complained of an unpleasant odor. I shrugged it off. GD got home later and went down to her room in the basement. "Something smells down here!" Ooops! We all went down to investigate and before long we found a one-pound package of frozen shrimp sitting on top of the freezer. It had been there for a few days and was announcing its presence in a very fragrant manner.

I think that's the first time that's happened to us.

I planted the rest of the tomato and chile plants in the garden. I am certain the last freeze has happened. Once I weed the last two beds that have wheelbarrow loads of weeds, I will plant more beans and greens.

Just finished the trip story from our flight yesterday

Attachments

• T-6.pdf
    296.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1766-1.jpg
    IMG_1766-1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Protonix is one of mine. It was given by IV in the hospital, an now by pill. I think it prevents bleeding.

My sister is an RN with 30-plus years experience. I'm sending her a list to translate.

I am beginning to see my ankles, again, and my knees bend more that 25-perent. I wasn't allowed to eat for three days in the hospital, and gained 18 pounds in IV fluids.

CD

Yes, I think it does. Mom was told that she can't miss a day of it. She also can't take asprin, naproxen, or ibuproen any more. Has to stick with good ole tylenol. She has to take a medication for seizure prevention 2xdaily for the rest of her life also since she had the cerebral aneurysm. She went for 3 days without solids when she was in the hospital with the bleeding ulcer also. Don't even want to think about how long she went without really eating with the aneurysm.

First of all, my dear Princess Fiona, please stop falling. I mean that in the most loving way. We need you in one piece!

Now my turn. I am just heading out for what better be my last IV treatment for my leg infection. The doctor said two more yesterday but my port is starting to hurt and I am just tired from going to the hospital every day for the past week now. At least it isn't long hours waiting in the ER, but it is still not fun.

The good thing is TB always gets me a rooibos latte when I am done!

I received a jury duty notice in the mail today. Went online and found I'm disqualified because of my age (if I want to be). I filed a request online and received a confirmation that I don't have to serve. All done in less than an hour.

I've been called many times over the years and served once on a jury. I've also been relieved from appearing a couple of times at the last minute because jurors were not needed. It's someone else's turn now.

Last edited:
I received a jury duty notice in the mail today. Went online and found I'm disqualified because of my age (if I want to be). I filed a request online and received a confirmation that I don't have to serve. All done in less than an hour.

I've been called many times over the years and served once on a jury. I've also been relieved from appearing a couple of times at the last minute because jurors were not needed. It's someone else's turn now.
I took classes in business law and media law in college. I was a member and board member of the League of Women Voters of my area for about 15 years. I have a huge interest in politics and the law, and have been a registered voter since I was 18 (well over 30 years) and have not once been been called for jury duty :( I would love to do it, but since I'm on disability, I think I'm automatically excused.

I've been called for jury duty twice. The first time they cancelled me, the second time (17 years later) I was the one who had to cancel. They put my jury duty on the same day as my disability hearing. The gentleman I explained this to was very sympathetic and decided not to get two judges in a bidding war for my presence, so I was excused. His comment was, "We'll get you next time."

Today was another fun filled day. I ended up calling Social Security twice (with a 40 minute wait each time) and and just basically got more conflicting information about what will happen when.

The upshot is I need to make a visit to both Social Services and Social Security. I guess that's on the to-do list for tomorrow, unless I find yet more stuff in my mailbox tonight marked Urgent.

My mom wanted to know if it wouldn't have just been easier to retire in two years and I'm beginning to think she has a point.

I've been called for jury duty at least 6 times over the years, most were dismissed. The last time a couple years ago sounded like a fascinating case, and I really hoped it would go through, but the defendant bailed and didn't bother to show up for court, so they sent us home. DH has been called twice, both dismissed.

Got the dead stuff off the hydrangea out front pruned. Need to hack the beautyberry back to the ground.

Last edited:
The most annoying part of JD is getting to the court house and then being sent home because you're not needed. They never send you to the court nearest your home.

We've got one small courthouse and one judge here in town, the next closest courthouse is about 60 miles away. I've gotten jury summons several times, but last year was the first time my group number came up for me to actually appear. I was hoping I'd get picked for JD, but I pretty much knew I'd be excused during questioning when the defense found out I'm friends with the judge and his wife. And that's what happened. I thought it would be interesting to serve on a jury just once in my lifetime. :)

-------------------------

I had Tyler from 7:45-5:00 today. After a little rest this afternoon, I had dinner, cleaned up and closed the kitchen, and brought in his water play toys that had been drying on the patio. I left the fort up in the living room for tomorrow, though. :LOL: Relaxing now and having a glass of wine.

I am purchasing furniture online for the new place. Since we have all hardwood floors and we have always had carpet in the living room, we have to get an area rug. I found a really nice one through wayfair.ca at a good price. I also ordered a standing spice pantry from them that will fit just nicely under one of our two pass-through walls that separate the kitchen from the hallway. I need a regular pantry which I ordered from Jysk and will be picking it up tomorrow.

We need to get a new stove and washer/dryer, but we will buy them locally. I pretty well know what I want but we need to do some renos for the washer/dryer as there is barely enough room for the stacked ones we have and no room for soap, etc. We want to turn a useless third closet in the bedroom into a utility room for the w/d, brooms, etc., and above storage.

Just about to finish breakfast - going to pay the few bills that can't be mailed or paid online today then stop at a couple of stores.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Put up 160 bales yesterday now my back is out. I bent down this morning and got stuck. Laying in bed waiting for my chiropractor appointment. Its happend before. I should have taken better care of myself. I can't sit I can only stand or lay down. received_10154341327201017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom