11-25-16, Friday, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We went mostly vegetarian tonight. Butternut squash spiralized noodles with a homemade harissa cashew "cream" sauce with crispy brussel sprout chips. The "cream" part was made by soaking raw cashews in water for a good while then zapping in the food processor with garlic, lemon juice, and water. I made the harissa with a small piece of a dried ghost pepper, amongst several other kinds of dried chilies of varying heat. It was surprisingly good and not blistering hot. Oh,put a poached egg on top for me, 2 for Craig.

We went out to a local Cracker Barrel restaurant after shopping this afternoon. My family loves the place and it's cheap, but imo everything is so salty.

My boy had the lemon pepper trout which was very good dw had blueberry pancakes, and I had a salt lick , I mean oast beef platter. At least my salad and sides (dumplings in gravy, and collard greens) were good.

I think the biscuit recipe was from a WWII K-ration that was given out in order to help prevent dehydration.

Bucky, we hit up a Cracker Barrel once every year or two. Then we remember why we don't eat there often. :LOL:

For the most part, we reprised Thanksgiving Day dinner: ham, Brussels sprouts-bacon-mushroom casserole, green beans, paprika potato cubes, butter-and-sage roasted acorn squash, homemade applesauce. I baked up a tube of Grands biscuits and had that instead of potatoes. We also had roasted broccoli and cauliflower last night, but it was all gone. :neutral:

Attachments

• 2016-11-25 21.08.04.jpg
    2016-11-25 21.08.04.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom