Dinner considerations for Thursday May 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
My meal tonight has no theme nor does it make sense. I've decided on yet more steaks (just out of the freezer)...these are boneless thin filet mignon and I have 4 of them to cook up. I'm going to flash them quick on the hottest stove grill ever. I'll rub them down with garlic and a paste of pesto and dry rub mix that I made. They'll marry in the frig till ready to zap. I am hankering for Spanish rice and have some home made tomato sauce frozen from my garden of last year. My new toms aren't close to being ready yet. Acorn squash baked with butter, PD's house seasoning, raspberry seedless jam and brown sugar, foiled, and red new potatoes that I'll steam and turn into figure friendly mashed potes!

How bout you, cookin anything?

Tonight my plan is Southwestern Trout (was supposed to be salmon but didn't realize was out of it, have alot of trout though so adapting it, same point value). Caesar Salad, as long as me and DH have it breath won't kill us and fried rice. For anyone interested the original recipe for fish is:

Southwestern Salmon (6 points and core plan approved)
2 servings
1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
Dash hot red pepper sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 - 3/4 lb salmon steak
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced

1. In food processor, combine the cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper sauce, and water; puree. Transfer to a large zip close plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal the bag, squeezing out the air; turn to coat the salmon. Refrigerate, turning the bag occaisionally. 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F; spray a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange the bell peppers in a single layer in the pan. Bake, turning once, 20 minutes.
3. Drain the salmon, discard the marinade. Place the salmon on top of the peppers. Bake until fish is just opaque in the center, 5-6 minutes on each side.
(per serving which is approx 1/2 of the fish)
236 cal, 12 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 75 mg chol, 198 mg sod, 7 g carb, 1 g fibre, 24 g prot, 43 mg calc.

I think hubby is going to pick up some wings when I get back home tonight. I've got so much to do tonight that I don't have time to cook.

We had meatloaf, mac & cheese, peas (for everyone else but me :sick: ). Instead of the peas I fixed me breaded tomatoes which everyone else doesn't like so it means all the more for me :)

crewsk said:
I think hubby is going to pick up some wings when I get back home tonight. I've got so much to do tonight that I don't have time to cook.

Welcome back Crewsk......you've been greatly missed.

Hi crewsk!

I browned some shredded chicken and threw it in a warm tortilla with green chile & cheese. Easy & Fast. Dessert is a "mom's awesome choc chip cookie" from a bakery in town. They are good. She puts some kind of frosting on them that has cinamon or nutmeg or some kind of goodness in there. I can't wait until the kids go to bed. Cookie, tea & Alias.

Gosh, everyone's meal sounds delicious. Especially your baked acorn squash, LEFSElover.

Tonight we're having Greek courgette pie and a selection of salads. I found somewhere that sells phyllo pastry (not easy to find in Spain) and bought some simply because it was there. Fresh pineapple for afters. The salads will depend on what the organic delivery man brings - he's due to come this evening.

Back
Top Bottom