Dinner for May 18, what are you having?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not 100% sure, but it will use the left-overs from my 4 -seasons challenge.

I went shopping and instead of the pork ribs I planned on getting ($2.99#) I found some really meaty country style ribs ($1.59#) I'm going to braise them, tented, low and slow then uncover, add BBQ sauce, and caramelize them.

In the meantime, I'm also making an oyster stew to tide me over until the ribs are done.:chef:

Tonight our family is having home-made hot wings & french fries..

Me and DH love going to BIG JIM's to eat their hot wings so instead of going out tonight to eat we'll be making our own at home.

Also for dessert we'll be having Caramel Puffs - had some a couple of weeks at a BBQ & Blues outing and they were delicious!

DD's iMac quit working today. She is really stressed about "Lucille" and we are taking them to the Apple store. Probably get something to go.

I'm getting a little hungry, so breakfast for dinner here, too.
Beans and toast and a couple fried eggs.

Asparagus quiche and rhubarb pie that I made last night... Didn't make the crusts but grew the fillings :)

I have some chicken thighs in my stove top smoker, only on the grill. I'll take them out of the smoker after 30 min. and sear them on the open grill.
Garlic toast and a big green salad will round out the meal, with a Trader Joe's frozen Karat Cakes for later. That's a durn good cake, by the way.

Green chile and cheddar stuffed chicken breast and Salad Caprese with cherries rounding out the meal.

-Damien

Milanesa (breaded veal with melted cheese on top) and a cream of carrot soup with croutons and parmesan. A side of mashed potatoes with a fried egg on top.

Back
Top Bottom