Friday, January 19, 2024 - Baby, it's cold outside! What did you have for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I made a pot of soup beans, cornbread, fried onions, pickles, and Frank had chicken tenders rather than soup beans. For dessert, we had lemon cake.

20240119_172614 (1).jpg
20240119_192842.jpg

I made a Danish dish called "millionbøf", which means million steaks. It's ground beef and onions in a sauce. It's served on mashed potatoes and with pickled veggies: red cabbage, beets, and baby dill pickles was what I used. I forgot to take pictures. It was the perfect meal for a cold day, especially when we wanted comfort food.

Apple sauce is for ? Fish?
Here we have apple sauce with pork . Also pickled pork.

Russ
You should see some of the stuff I eat (well not applesauce because I don't like it) but hubby often says my food pairings (usually when I am eating leftovers for lunch that he isn't partaking of) don't make much sense. I know better than to try to put stuff on a plate that doesn't match (in his mind) for our regular dinners, his head might explode!

Earlier in the week I made Italian sausage sandwiches by simmering them in a broth with diced tomatoes. There was some leftover in my fridge, so on Friday I boiled a 7 oz. package of spaghetti and crushed/minced six cloves of garlic. Tossed the garlic in my 12" skillet with some EVOO and then finished the spaghetti in there, adding in pasta water (just like aglia a olio) and then tossed in my leftover broth with diced tomatoes, by now really qualifying as a sauce, sorta. At the end I threw in some pecorino romano; it was quite good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom