Dinner Monday, 3-15-2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I tweaked the Southern Living recipe for skillet shrimp at Himself's suggestion. I subbed chicken for the shrimp, shallots for the scallions, and tossed in some Italian herbs. I also tossed in a Tbsp of capers, just for fun. We had that with tossed salads.

IMG_20210315_204712793.jpg

Last edited:
I finally baked the store bought tourtière. I served it with a leafy salad, potatoes, and gravy. I am really happy that I have found a ready-to-bake tourtière that tastes this good and is made of all food.

I made a lentil soup today in the IP, with a small amount of bacon, plus some smoked paprika, for a little more smoke flavor. Had the usual onions and garlic in it, plus two cut up carrots, and the rest of the butternut squash from a couple nights ago, and some bay and rosemary . It has brown lentils and channa dal, plus some oat groats, about half as much as the lentils.
Lentil soup, with some butternut squash and oat groats. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Earlier, I made a coleslaw from some of that cheap cabbage I got. It is based on the Haitian cole slaw, from an early Milk Street magazine, and the habaneros in it is what piqued my interest! However, it only had 2 c of shredded cabbage, and 1 shredded carrot, which I doubled for the same amount of dressing, and it is still very hot, even to me! And the habaneros I used were frozen, and they seem to loose some heat, during the freezing season. I guess what they used was a mild variety! It is still very good, but too hot, for most.
Haitian cole slaw, from Milk Street, showing the cabbage, julienned carrots, and dressing. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Haitian cole slaw. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cream of tomato soup, homemade. Ham and swiss grilled sammies.

Attachments

• 2021-03-15 19.18.57.jpg
    2021-03-15 19.18.57.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom