Dinner Monday, 9-27-2021 ~ National Chocolate Milk Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Can chocolate milk be an aperitif? If so, that's what I'm having right now. As for the meal, it's going to be L&L around here until I'm out of... Leftovers and Lunch meat. Got things to do; I don't want cooking to be one of them for the next few days.

What's on your menu? I bet it's more exciting than mine.

IMG_20210927_163727392_PORTRAIT.jpg

"L&L..." I'm stealing that one CG!

IMG_0934.jpg

It was early supper for we three, `cuz we have another social engagement.
I made a middle-school cafeteria-esque meal :LOL:
Cut up and fried Hot Dogs, mixed into Mac`N Cheese and Butter Peas.

sshhhh1.png.jpg

Don't tell DH that I almost ALWAYS put a compound Butter on our vegetables. :ROFLMAO:

:idea:
I'm now out of my favorite "flavored" Butter and have some leftover fresh herbs that need to get used ... I'll make my own and freeze it into individual portions in silicone candy molds! Dang it! I knew I should have popped into Hobby Lobby when I was down that way this afternoon! Oh well, another outing for Mom. ;)

Blech soup

My supper is .... wine! oh yeah, and a bagel slathered in butter.

This morning I made Leek and Potato Soup. Baked the 2nd half of some bread dough.

Worked in the garden in the afternoon and was too tired to eat.

AND the fact that it was the most TASTELESS SOUP I have ever made certainly helped!

It's definitely getting autumnish around here. I pulled some Italian sausage and white bean soup out of the freezer. Oh yeah, that is such good soup. DH said he thought it was even better after having been frozen, because freezing made the beans disintegrate more and thickened the soup really nicely. We had it with wholewheat miche with butter. I dressed my bowl with a drizzle of EVOO and some grated Parmigiano Regiano. We had the last of the apple galette for dessert.

Attachments

• Italian sausage and white bean soup.jpg
    Italian sausage and white bean soup.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 36
Marinated flank steak (broiled), tomato & mozzarella pearls salad, steamed sweet (bi-color) corn off the cob and microwaved potato.

flank_steak_092721_IMG_8698.jpg

Chicken adobo: thighs parboiled in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, bay leaves, and black pepper, diluted with water. Simmer for 45 minutes, then finished on a hot grill.

rsczxEi.jpg

Crisp, spicy skin, and moist, tender meat. With basmati rice, a simple salad, and a glass of Airlie Muller-Thurgau riesling.

Back
Top Bottom