Dinner on Tuesday June 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhh, i love souvlaki rock. what kind of meat? i love a mix of beef and lamb. they sort of marinade each other like a marinade.

do you marinate your souvaki meat?

nice looking salad as well!
I am going with pork tonight. Marinated today in lemon juice and zest, loads of minced fresh garlic, oregano, black pepper, bit of olive oil and will salt it when I put it on the fire. Pics to follow, if I can stay out of the ouzo.:mrgreen:

I am going with pork tonight. Marinated today in lemon juice and zest, loads of minced fresh garlic, oregano, black pepper, bit of olive oil and will salt it when I put it on the fire. Pics to follow, if I can stay out of the ouzo.:mrgreen:
done

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 160

Add a little red wine vinegar and sugar in there and that's pretty much my grilled veggie marinade.

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!!!

Such variety in today's dinners, so I'll add to it....

Tonight we are having another one of the smoked wild fowl that I got as a Christmas present. Smoke duck with sides of wild rice and salads. I'm reheating the duck on the grill. I'm thinking of adding some orange zest to the rice at the end of the cooking.

BT Good one! Rain dance....

Rock, you deserve your ouzo, just wait until all the fires are banked. Looks delicious so far.

I changed my mind and decided to take the baked chicken breast and make a warm chicken breast sandwich on rye toast with Swiss and bacon... right after I eat the crispy skin of course:pig:.

I've been getting quite a few tomatoes from the garden. I had some that were getting soft so I started out this morning roasting them with some vidalia onions, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. I was going to turn them into tomato sauce and have pasta for dinner but instead I decide to make roasted tomato basil soup and some grilled cheese. It was some of my best soup!

Attachments

• dinner06212011.jpg
    dinner06212011.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 170
Boneless Leg O Lab Roasted...
Green Beans with fresh tomatoes......
Roasted Potatoes....
Yellow Squash w/Vidalia Onions......
Chocolate Ice Cream.........

WOW everyones dinners sound and LOOK fantastic!! YUMMY

I want some of everything!! Starting with a small bowl of the soup, a small taste of each of the other dishes and ending with that beautiful salad!!

Pasta & Salad for 4 – Pasta (½ lb Rigatoni pasta) & Tomato Sauce (1 (15 oz) can Shop-Rite Tomato Sauce (plain), EVOO, Italian herbs paste, garlic paste, approx 1/8 cup burgundy wine) topped with fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses and Salad (1 (6.50 oz) bag Fresh Express Sweet Butter blend salad greens, 1 large vine tomato, 8 mushroom caps quartered, homemade salad dressing (1/8 tsp each (from tube) anchovy paste, Italian herbs paste, garlic paste, enough oil to lightly coat salad (extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil), red wine vinegar, Maggi seasoning, herbs and spices - to taste, sliced almonds and black & white sesame seeds). Total prep and cook time start to table 30 minutes.

1 serving:

img_1014757_0_f2561e16554d2bddf3fdb1eb1edda3f3.jpg

We ended up with a chuck roast, rice and cheesy broccoli. Not bad for not knowing what I was going to serve until 3pm! The chuck roast was still mostly frozen so I just left in the oven longer and it still came out nice and tender.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier when I said mashed potatoes and peas on the side. You simply don't need that with a loco moco.
The jasmine rice was cooked with chicken broth, jalapenos and onion.
The meatloaf patty had egg, Italian crumbs, cheddar, onion, garlic and S&P.
The gravy, besides the fond from the patty cooked in EVOO, had onion and bacon, beef broth and butter.
Desert will be a few minutes yet :pig:

Attachments

• meatloaf patty.jpg
    meatloaf patty.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 156
  • loco moco.jpg
    loco moco.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 143
  • loco moco2.jpg
    loco moco2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 139
I threw together a small pot of chili mostly from bits and pieces of stuff i wanted to use up. Turned out really yummy.

It looks like some type of macaroni product with grandma's sauce, one meatball, one Italian sausage link, two slices of Italian bread with butter, and a glass of 2009 Cantine Di Ora Barbera d' Asti

The crispy chicken skin filled me up. I saved the meat, the bones, the bullion water from the carrots and the chicken drippings. I should have a really great gravy for my chicken dinner tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom