Dinner Saturday 23rd March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, that looks like poutine, but I notice it's grated cheese, not curds. How did you like it?

Where are you by the way?

Port Hawkesbury, NS

This was my first time to have it, but it is good stuff. It is officially on my list of diet breakers. The hotel I am at does not have it on the menu but they will make it if you ask.

Besides the mushroom appy/starter,

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/iso-vegetarian-appy-help-84872.html

I'm making vegetarian lasagne, a tossed salad, and garlic bread from a homemade wholewheat loaf of French bread. It is a busy day in the kitchen. Dessert is fresh fruit papaya, plums, blueberries (since I don't do sugar, nor does my friend). And, I've invited two more people to join us.
I'm so full. The lasagne was very good. We were too full to consider dessert.

Attachments

• lasagne 017.jpg
    lasagne 017.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 171
Looks delicious. I bet you ate too much of the lasagna. :LOL:
I only had one piece...and sent lasagne home with my guests so I only have one LARGE piece to eat tomorrow. And, what was left of the bread went out the door, too. I got to keep the unopened wine <g>.

I only had one piece...and sent lasagne home with my guests so I only have one LARGE piece to eat tomorrow. And, what was left of the bread went out the door, too. I got to keep the unopened wine <g>.
So, was it a huge piece of lasagna? Or did you stuff yourself on something else?

I will be doing the Italian Sausages I didn't do yesterday. Still not sure how!

I ended up searing the sausages and finishing them in the oven. I served rice and peas on the side. I grew up having "bangers and mash" with peas so this is a little twist. ;)

We are going to a wedding this afternoon so I'm not sure what will be served for dinner. Buffet I'm guessing. Of course its raining today and the nuptual services are taking in the something "gardens." Oh well. I'm sure they have that sort of thing figured out. And we get the chance to dress up a bit. =o)

Have a wonderful time at the wedding :)

I made ravioli for the guys, and I baked a chicken thigh and some broccoli for me. They had rolls too, but I didn't. I will have to try a small piece of the carrot cake I made earlier. We will have that later. Hubby has been in the garage all day working on his car (only stopped for dinner). When he quits for the night and comes in to relax the cake will be a nice treat. :yum:

Well done Chops on making your own ravioli, bet it tastes wonderful :yum:

. And, I've invited two more people to join us.

who else is coming over? ;)

some really great looking and sounding dinners tonight.

i spent the day looking for jerseys for my boy for his birthday next week. do you know how hard it is to find a seattle seahawks jersey in new jersey?

and i had to go to newark to get him the devils jersey (a new new jersey jersey :cool:) that's customized with his choice of numbers and our last name on the back.

when i finally got home, we just ordered takeout from a local italian joint that changed management recently. my boy had chicken parm and spaghetti, dw had a chicken caesar salad, and i had calamari fra diavolo and penne. each dinner was outstanding, especially my calamari, and each came with delicious homemade mini loafs of crusty italian bread.

So, was it a huge piece of lasagna? Or did you stuff yourself on something else?
No, it was a "standard" portion. And, I only ate 1/2 of a slice of the bread. Maybe I had too much broccoli. But, I think because the pasta was whole wheat (with spinach and pesto mixed into the dough) and the lasagne was loaded with veggies--grated carrot, tomato chunks, eggplant, zucchini, portabello mushroom slices, ricotta, moz., parm.) it was just very, very filling. Or maybe because I don't eat like that in the evening very often. One of my guests doesn't eat "white" so I had to do 100% wholewheat for the bread and the noodles. It was fun coming up with 100% vegetarian dishes (especially since 2 normally don't eat vegetarian). No one missed the meat in the lasagne.

Last night it was bean soup. Portuguese bean soup. I really was making it for the freezer, but husband had to have it for dinner once he tasted it. It is a good thing to have a spouse who so loves your cooking!

No cooking for at least the next two weeks.

But tonight I had Poutine

20130323_185355 by powerplantop, on Flickr
I have to agree with TL, where are the curds? But, I have made it with different kinds of cheese and it works. The gravy looks as if it were chicken gravy. In Quebec, I believe the gravy is 1/2 gravy, 1/2 beef. I love poutine with turkey gravy. Now you know why it is so addictive! It sounds awful, but it grows on you. Too bad your visit to NS doesn't allow time for a trip to Quebec. There you could savor a wide-variety of different toppings to make up poutine!

I'm so full. The lasagne was very good. We were too full to consider dessert.
This wasn't my plate. Mine only had 1 slice of bread, more broccoli, and salad, a smaller portion of lasagne. That person ate 2 portions of lasagne, and more salad, and 2 more slices of bread. And then complained he was full.:LOL:

Last night it was bean soup. Portuguese bean soup. I really was making it for the freezer, but husband had to have it for dinner once he tasted it. It is a good thing to have a spouse who so loves your cooking!
:)
Would you please post your recipe for the Portuguese bean soup?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom