Dinner Wednesday 13th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sprout made garlic lamb ribs (I'd never had lamb before, wow was it good), and sauteed peppers and onions. I made a rice dish that uses mixed whole grain and wild rices, sausage, rutabega, celery, onions and spices as a side dish (I have no idea what to call the thing so you get an ingredient list). We also found a bread at the import market called markouk. It was really good. It tasted somewhere between a flour tortilla, biscuit, and pizza crust. It looked like a giant, really thin tortilla but was more flexible and chewier. So I found two new favorites last night! :D

Sprout made garlic lamb ribs (I'd never had lamb before, wow was it good), and sauteed peppers and onions. I made a rice dish that uses mixed whole grain and wild rices, sausage, rutabega, celery, onions and spices as a side dish (I have no idea what to call the thing so you get an ingredient list). We also found a bread at the import market called markouk. It was really good. It tasted somewhere between a flour tortilla, biscuit, and pizza crust. It looked like a giant, really thin tortilla but was more flexible and chewier. So I found two new favorites last night! :D

I can't believe you've never had lamb! You've missed out. it's a great tasting meat :yum:

You're ingredients list sounds good!

I can't believe you've never had lamb! You've missed out. it's a great tasting meat :yum:

You're ingredients list sounds good!

Lamb was always too expensive where I lived before. Never had it as a kid and couldn't afford it once I was on my own. And it wasn't even in the stores most of the time.

I've been meaning to try it since we moved down here and found some import stores that sell it for cheaper. Just hadn't gotten to it yet. Now I have and it's been added to the meal rotaion.

Lamb was always too expensive where I lived before. Never had it as a kid and couldn't afford it once I was on my own. And it wasn't even in the stores most of the time.

I've been meaning to try it since we moved down here and found some import stores that sell it for cheaper. Just hadn't gotten to it yet. Now I have and it's been added to the meal rotaion.

Glad you got to try it! I was lucky enough to live in Botswana for a few years. Meat is very cheap there and when we were broke we just ate goat instead of lamb. Tastes very similar.
The cheapest meat in Botswana was beef tenderloin, the locals don't like any meat without bones :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom