Dinner Wednesday 4/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
Boneless pork chops and natcho-cheese Potatoe wedges, can`t decide on a dip yet, but I have Avocadoes and some Cucumber that need eating, I`m sure I`ll come up with something :)

How about you guys?

LOL, I was just about to start one for today YT!

I made a lentil/coconut soup yesterday, and I'm having that, with some dressed watercress. Fancying up the watercress for DH a little with a roasted quail...

God help me, I live opposite a pizzeria now, close enough to call out an order to them, I'm genuinely terrified!

Not sure how this is going to turn out, I took my leftovers from last night and made a casserole. First layer -spanish rice made with the addition of ground beef, shredded chicken simmered in salsa, refried beans w/cheese clobs on top, can red sauce, topped w/ shredded cheese. Then at supper time I will top w/ Jiffy corn muffin mix and bake till done ! Never did this before -ha, hope it is decent to eat !!

Lulu, order a pizza, help yourself to a slice or two and send me over the rest. I have even less idea than yesterday about what we're going to have for dinner. This afternoon is the last big furniture load off to the new house... I hope. I'm getting fed up with packing boxes.

Whahay! Your moving is going ahead now (I'm out of the loop!) congratulations.....it will be fun unpacking eventually! So pleased that its almost over and your almost there!

Yes, at long last we're nearly there. Though most of our things will stay in boxes for months, not to say years. Still, boufa has sorted me out on the coffee front. Who needs an espresso machine when you've got a few Greek brikia to be going on with?

Lulu, living across from a pizzeria would do me in for good!:LOL:

The ILs are coming tomorrow and I haven't even thought about laundry, cleaning, making their bed, etc, etc so tonight has to be quick! I think I'll take the leftover chicken from last night and turn it into soft tacos for DH and a taco salad for me.

Well I'm trying a recipe that called for catfish but I'm using Talapia in its place as suggested by some of you wonderful people

Tonight it'll be:

Talapia Lafitte, which includes shrimp
Asparagus that I'll blanch and then shock in ice water to keep the color and I'll heat up some evoo and roll the asparagus in it just long enough to warm it back up.....seasoning with lemon, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
GB's Orzo with Parsley and Lemon Zest

PA Baker said:
Lulu, living across from a pizzeria would do me in for good!:LOL:

Its a living nightmare. Pizza opposite (aswell as several others in this busy little street) a bakers/pasticceria next to that, thankfully there is a great little greengrocer this side of the road.....but then there is also the other pasticceria and icecream shop. I'm going to have to keep the shutters down or something....its all to close, I could literally talk to these people throuh the open window...:ermm: THE GREENGROCER IS MY FRIEND....(repeats refusing to look in the tempting sugary/cheesy windows)

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and creamy cole slaw. Since we are leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow I didn't want any leftovers and I think this will do the trick.

We are having Oven Roasted BBQ Orange Glazed Chicken over Teryaki Fried Rice. I was in the mood for the orient and just couldnt face the deli at Safeway...

I am making a pot of chili and corn bread for dinner. Ben & Jerry's for dessert!

I made brown rice this morning with chicken broth and added onions/celery/carrots chopped & sauteed. I have boneless chicken in the fridge & some fresh broccoli - also avacodos that need eating. Shall put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom