Friday 3/23 ... anyone cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

I've been away for a while, but happy to be back. I've probably missed a lot of good cooking and chit chat. I'll have to read old posts to catch up.

Since it's no meat Friday, dinner at our house will be New England clam chowder and some nice crusty bread for dunking.

Enjoy the day :chef:

Fridays Are Restaurant Lunches With Friends

For years, our small magazine staff have gone out for lunch every Friday since 1992 ... Thus, today, a lovely sunny Spring day, off we are for Indian cuisine. I truly enjoy Tandoori Langoustines ... Unfortunately, I do not have a Tandoori Oven ... and it is just not the same ... Swagat is the best Indian venue in Madrid Capital. It meets London qualifications, as everyone from London who lives in Madrid eats here, as well as the Indian Embassy Managers and Staff.

Swagat
Nuñez de Balboa
Barrio Salamanca
Madrid Capital

I have some pork chops I picked up the other day...thinking of doing them with cabbage, since I also have a head of cabbage...not sure yet.

I took some chicken out to thaw. It's going to be some kind of stew, soup or baked chicken with stuffing and a veggie.
Change of plans. I forgot I made meatballs last night, along with the burgers. I think a meatball, stuffing casserole sounds good. It's been awhile since I made that.

we're going to the devils/leafs game tonight

You rockin yer Leaf's jersey? :LOL:

We were on the road on St. Patty day and Kathleen had said she wanted fish and chips for dinner but we just couldn't do it.

And since she is on fish Fridays I will be making fish and chips (well, really fish and tots) tonight. I did ask if tots were ok last night.. I got a big enthusiastic "yum" so tis a valid substitution.

I have some peas to go with.

Heading to my brother's cabin for the night to hang with my two brothers. He is a big bbq, smoker enthusiast, so there will no doubt be some slab of beast on some kind of rack. I'll try and remember to take my camera. Have a good one, everybody!!

I am in mega cake mode (wedding is tomorrow) and do not cook on these days. DH will get one of the chicken entrees I have in the freezer (souvlaki, h/m chicken burgers or gluten free fried chicken tenders), I will either have one of those or probably order in a pizza from this amazing Italian restaurant just two blocks away. Well the pizzas were better a few years ago when DH was making them there but they'll do :rolleyes:!

Last edited:
you couldn't pay me to wear a girly sweater like that.
Good! I was worried there a minute. The two good things about the leafs are they are Canadian and Phil Kessel. Do you think they would ever trade him to Vancouver for Luongo and his ridiculous contract? :LOL:

Go Devils!!!!!!:cool:

Last edited:
Catfish poached in garlic butter and seasoned with Italian Salad Dressing Mix with toasted hash brown patties on the side.

Grilled hotdogs on buns with homemade turkey & beef chili, & baked French fries & maybe some coleslaw.

Nope, I'm not cooking. :cool: Date Night at our best friends' so Susan will be cooking tonight. Or just preparing. She's not sure what she is going to make, so it could be something cooked or it could be huge salads. :yum:

Fixing Beef Wellington w/a twist, Danish Browned Potatos, creamed spinach, with a small salad
Hubby will be sooo pleased
With a wonderful glass (or two) of Spanish Tempranillo smooth Caberent wine I made last year................

Back
Top Bottom