Friday, 6/25 - What's Cookin'??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Scallops & Rice with a Sweet / Sour Drizzle, Corn, soon to be off the Cob , Seafood salad........

Salad , Seafood.jpg

Scallops , Pan Seared.jpg

It was cool (68°) and mostly cloudy today. I took advantage of it and bought a tub of Capt. Parker's clam chowder for supper. We had that with corn bread.

Our fishery share had some Alaska halibut, so I cooked it simply: sprinkle of Old Bay spice, brown in butter. Boiled corn. Radishes and a green salad with tomatoes, arugula, and leaf lettuce from the greenhouse. Greywacke sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.

YDPruSX.jpg

I made salsa verde chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice and doctored canned refried beans. The photo was so bad, I left it out. :ermm:

Ice cream bars for dessert.

Ross

Dinner last night - Lemon chicken (thin sliced chicken breast dredged in flour seasoned with house blend spices and fresh lemon zest and pan fried in butter), Birds Eye green bean casserole, Knorr's chicken flavor rice and pasta side and lemon pan gravy.

lemon_chicken_062521_IMG_8207.jpg

Went out to dinner to a pizza place with the parents of my Godson with baby in tow! (I admit to being more than slightly smitten with him.) Frank had pizza. I had rockfish tacos. Godson is two so he had whatever he wanted - some of it was ordered for him, but he especially enjoyed the crab cake taco, dipping chips in marinara sauce, a meatball, and his own pita pizza.

I was so exhausted after hosting my book club meeting Thursday that I had no spoons left to make dinner. DH was out golfing, so he picked up Marie Callender's beef pot pies on his way home. Hit the spot.

Back
Top Bottom