Is anybody eating tonight? Thursday, 2/8/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I made a couple of hot dogs with kraut and mustard for supper. I wanted to finish them up, and it was calling to me. Comfort food.

CD

A trip to Costco earlier today yielded the protein for our dinner tonight.

Rotisserie chicken, pilaf and a veggie for dinner tonight.

A trip to Costco earlier today yielded the protein for our dinner tonight.

Rotisserie chicken, pilaf and a veggie for dinner tonight.

I've heard COSTCO makes a good rotisserie chicken, and they look good in the store. I haven't tried one, yet. I have a rotisserie kit for my Weber Kettle, so I usually make my own. For some stupid reason I feel like I am wasting the money I spent on the equipment if I buy a rotisserie chicken.

Of course, if I go to COSTCO for one rotisserie chicken, it will ultimately cost me a hundred bucks, or more. :rolleyes:

CD

The scale says I could miss a few meals. :ermm: My tummy says "like heck!" :LOL:

We had some leftovers. I finished the chicken sheet-pan dish along with a generous amount of asparagus. Himself cleaned up the Philly cheesesteak fixin's. Fridge is still pretty full...

I did baked fish on a bed of tri colored rice/spinach with lemon butter sauce in our little individual casseroles, topped with browned crunchy buttered Panko and served steamed broccolini on the side.

Our niece was in town so we had her and my brother-in-law over for dinner.

I did pork tenderloin in the instant pot, rice, carrots and stir-fried bok choy and mushrooms. The sauce on the meat was Asian influenced so I made the sides accordingly.

It was a belated birthday dinner so I was going to make a cake. But she has very simple tastes and I decided on her favorites - Vanilla Ice Cream and fresh blueberries. When they left she said "Thanks for my birthday "cake", it was one of the best ones ever! I love that girl! :)

Back
Top Bottom