Official Dinner Thread for Wednesday the 16th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Got to talking about take-out meals with a neighbor yesterday and that put me in the mood for a pizza. So we did a take-out from a new local joint that's about a month old and getting rave reviews.

C4378CB6-8F18-472E-AE17-21E80B52B4FE_1_105_c.jpg

We ordered Greek food. I had a souvlaki platter. DH had a chicken brochette platter. We got a side order of dolmadakia. We'll finish those over the next couple of days.

Tempura Sole fillet. The batter was lightly seasoned with S&P, cayenne pepper, and paprika. The light, crispy coating allowed the full fish flavor to shine. Also had sweet corn on the cob, nuked 4 minutes in the husk. Corn was then removed from the husk, and buttered. Beverage - pineapple juice. Desert - fresh, ripe peach, cold from the fridge. It all tasted great to me.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks. You can't see the butter that's melted into the potato [emoji6] It's all good, though. Doctor says I need the calories.

I figured there was butter on those 'taters. Butter, like so many things, is healthy in moderation. Your plate is full of all the different colours, it's well balanced for protein, etc., and nothing is swimming in grease. It might not be 100% healthy for everyone, but darn, to me, it looks healthy and tasty.

I figured there was butter on those 'taters. Butter, like so many things, is healthy in moderation. Your plate is full of all the different colours, it's well balanced for protein, etc., and nothing is swimming in grease. It might not be 100% healthy for everyone, but darn, to me, it looks healthy and tasty.
Yes, I was kinda kidding [emoji2] I do try to eat healthful food for the most part. DH was overweight a couple of years ago. He really wanted to lose weight, so he changed his diet and exercise habits and has lost around 50 pounds since then.

Yes, I was kinda kidding [emoji2] I do try to eat healthful food for the most part. DH was overweight a couple of years ago. He really wanted to lose weight, so he changed his diet and exercise habits and has lost around 50 pounds since then.

Kudos to DH. That's not easy to do.

Kudos to DH. That's not easy to do.
Yes. Our doctor jokingly told us that he had to stay healthy so he can take care of me ;) He was very determined and when he sets a goal, it's important to him to achieve it. He has an afternoon routine: after work (he's often home between 2:30 and 3:30 pm since he starts around 7:30-8 am), he does yard work or a project, then walks the dog to warm up, then goes for a run or bike ride, then works out in the attic (a finished room with equipment). He gets very antsy on rainy days [emoji1787]

Back
Top Bottom