Saturday 5/30 - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
3- Ingredient Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms, Roasted Carrots and Radishes, White Rice and the ever present Garden Salad...

(That's Chicken coated with a mixture of Brown Sugar and Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder (and a bit of Pepper...)

Chicken Thighs, 3- Ingredient - Going In.jpg

Chicken - 3 Ingredient Ranch.jpg

SO and I were watching old episodes of ATK/Cook's Country (I can never remember which is which). The were making a "new and improved" Sloppy Joe.

Now I've never been a big fan of SJs. Maybe because I only ever had the canned mix you combine with ground beef. However, SO said she loved SJs and could I make it for her. So I did.

It was awful! I couldn't eat it. She didn't like it. A huge failure. I guess ATK/Cook's Country can't win them all. This recipe won't be going into the cookbook.

SO and I were watching old episodes of ATK/Cook's Country (I can never remember which is which). The were making a "new and improved" Sloppy Joe.

Now I've never been a big fan of SJs. Maybe because I only ever had the canned mix you combine with ground beef. However, SO said she loved SJs and could I make it for her. So I did.

It was awful! I couldn't eat it. She didn't like it. A huge failure. I guess ATK/Cook's Country can't win them all. This recipe won't be going into the cookbook.
DH takes leftover taco meat and mixes it with a good tomato or pasta sauce. That's easy and delicious.

We still had some leftover taco meat. It wasn't enough, but I dug out some previously fried ground pork with chopped onions and garlic to add to it. It was a particularly potent batch of taco meat, so it was not a problem that the addition of other meat would thin out the taco seasoning. I made another go of Frito taco salad. A leafy salad, Fritos, all the regular taco fixings, the two meats, and ranch inspired salad dressing. (This batch of ranchoid dressing turned out particularly yummy.) Ikea version - we each constructed our salad at the table. That was a successful supper.

We had leftover steak from Tuesday's supper. I used it for open faced cheese steak sandwiches. No Whiz in the house, so I melted strips of Aldi Cheese Melt on top. Garden salads on the side.

IMG_20200530_215238346.jpg

We had the last of the "Cap Steaks" left in the freezer from our dissection of the big Rib Eye steaks we created a few months ago. Two "Cowgirl Steaks" are left, safe and sound.

Anyway, I seasoned them well and pan fried them in my carbon steel skillet. On the side, we had loaded baked spuds with spiral zucchini in garlic and butter.

Yummm...

DH grilled tuna while I made orrechiette with a sauce of burst grape tomatoes, shallot, garlic and chard and parsley from the garden.
20200530_201638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom