TGIF 2023 July 21 what was on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I cooked some brown basmati rice. I made a batch of vinaigrette using Portuguese EVOO and Portuguese red wine vinegar. I made a salad of green crisp lettuce, romaine lettuce, carrots, red onion, celery, corn, and peas. I roasted a half a chicken that I bought already marinaded in a piripiri marinade. That was deeeelicious. But, I need to find a Portuguese source for piripiri marinade. It was very good, but not quite the way I remember it from a well loved Portuguese resto. And since i bought this with my produce basket, the website tells me where they sourced the chicken. it's local and tasty and where I get the majority of my chicken.

Store bought PiriPiri chicken, brown rice, and salad with homemade vinaigrette.jpg

We dragged the bbq out and I made teriyaki chicken skewers. Earlier, I made mac salad (we went to a couple of the "gourmet" shops here at the beach and none had a decent looking selection in the deli)...we also split a baked sweet potato and a chopped green salad. Big dinner as the place we chose for lunch was recently sold and the experience left us sad.

Light Mediterranean-style dinner last night. I made basil pesto and tzatziki with herbs from my garden. DH made bruschetta with the pesto - toasted baguette topped with pesto, chopped tomatoes and more Parmesan cheese and we had pita chips with the tzatziki. There's also a stuffed grape leaf.
Forgot the picture!
20230721_204040.jpg

There was a big box of organic baby spinach, about a lb brought home from shopping yesterday.
I filled a 4 cup bowl, then topped it with half of a meal sized salad I'd already made, some caesar dressing I'd made.
Mr bliss had the salad, and chopped baked potatoes and baked beans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom