Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken will most likely be dinner tonight.

Any plans?

So far, I plan to have fried meatloaf slices with eggs over easy for breakfast.

I'm starting a pot of Great Northern beans, just to warm it up in here.

I'll probably freeze the rest of the meatloaf.

I took out a container of pork chili so that will either be lunch and/or dinner.

I really need to work on cleaning out the freezer. I'll bet I could go a month without cooking anything new if I had to. Not bad for a 5' tall fridge. It has a decent size freezer, especially with the wire coated racks I added. The inventory I took the other day was a surprise - 21 different items, many of which will make several meals! For instance I listed mixed lima/split peas once, but I have 2 full containers, each with 2 meals worth.

Oh, and today is another shopping day. Not much $ left, but I need a few items to round out some recipes.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ok so it will probably be a sesame chicken trial run of a recipe someone did and it looks fantastic!!

It's leftovers day here. Got some grilled steak and chicken, a couple of burgers, some of the Mexican shredded pork, and of course last night's garlic cheddar chicken. Wife & son working late tonight.

I might make a loaf of bread to distract those who might not be too excited about leftovers... I love them!

We are doing summer tonight. Grilled kielbasa links with potatoe salad and probably a green salad also.

I am planning to try out a new recipe tonight. I'm going to take Sesame Chicken for a trial run.

I'm planning on doing a stir fry tonight. But now I have to go out in the snow and cold because I forgot to get onions and garlic!

We are doing summer tonight. Grilled kielbasa links with potatoe salad and probably a green salad also.

Where are you? If I tried to do summer tonight, I'd have to dig the grill out from under a couple feet of snow!! Past couple days worth. :)

We are having meat loaf tonight - our grandson's favorite. I received my NuWave oven and cooked steaks last night - they were delicious. Tonite I will try the meatloaf - probably with augratin potatoes and asparagus - maybe a green salad, or sliced tomatoes. Strawberries for dessert.

I'll be making a beef barley soup with mushrooms for dinner tonight. It's one of my favorite soups.

Dinner tonight will depend on my time around here. If I have time, I'll leave a stew in the crockpot. If I run out of time, the family can scrounge the fridge for leftovers! LOL! I have to work tonight and I have a ton of errands to do and an appt right before work. I have put stuff off because I've been HOPING the snowplows would come do their thing in the neighbourhood. Oh silly me! We had a grader go through and do the ALLEYS for the garbage trucks but the front streets are still a disaster. *sigh*

Dinner

We are having meat loaf tonight - our grandson's favorite. I received my NuWave oven and cooked steaks last night - they were delicious. Tonite I will try the meatloaf - probably with augratin potatoes and asparagus - maybe a green salad, or sliced tomatoes. Strawberries for dessert.

I am glad you got your nuwave and liked it ,I made sweet potato fries
in mine for dinner last night,They were yummy.
Josie

Not sure yet, but like a crow seizing on a shiny object I swooped up a bright red cabbage yesterday and it wants to be made into something. I also have some Andouille sausage, which I've never had before - is it always spicy? Not sure if I'm in the mood for spicy today, but when I googled red cabbage and sausage I came across some pretty tempting recipes.

:LOL: Z.....
I'll bet I could go a month without cooking anything new if I had to. Not bad for a 5' tall fridge. It has a decent size freezer, especially with the wire coated racks I added. The inventory I took the other day was a surprise - 21 different items, many of which will make several meals!

I was just thinking the other day, with the way you cook for one, I bet you could take a vacation from cooking for a month. :LOL:

What a glorious warm sunny morning out there today! High expected to be in the high 70's. I should go to the beach instead of cooking today. :rolleyes:
Sorry if it sounds like bragging....just sing California Dreaming. :LOL:

I mentioned yesterday that I really scored at the dollar sore with several packages of fresh pasta for the freezer, so today is a cooking marathon making my outa sight spaghetti sauce for dinner and the freezer. Hubby has volunteered to be my sous chef and help with all the chopping. I better close the windows or all the neighbors will be here sniffing around.
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom