Tues. May 9 2017 What's Cookin' Gang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've been slogging through the split pea soup for three days (thankfully DH loves it) so it's probably time for a change.

Ham salad sandwiches are interesting me. DH also picked up some blueberries, which, despite their large size, are surprisingly sweet and tasty. Of course, after I'd rinsed, tasted, and raved about them, DH grabbed the two oldest mushiest bbs, and didn't understand what I was talking about. Then he had a few more. We are in agreement.

Last edited:
We are having cheddar cheese, bacon, and beer soup per the recipe from the Canadian pavilion in EPCOT, along with pretzel breadsticks.

We're having a couple of soups rescued from the freezer for dinner. Hungarian goulash soup for her and beef barley for me.

I'm running out of new ways to use my 4-pound pork shoulder from last week. I diced the last of it and cooked it into black beans, which I ate with rice, and used to make burritos.

This is the toughest thing about loving to cook and eat good home-cooked food, when you live alone. Some meals just don't scale down.

Tonight, I'm thinking rice and beans again, but with some serious hot sauce action to make my neck sweat.

CD

We are having cheddar cheese, bacon, and beer soup per the recipe from the Canadian pavilion in EPCOT, along with pretzel breadsticks.

That sounds good. Reminds me a little bit of cheese fondue.

Everyone's meals sound wonderful. DD is bringing dinner home after she gets out of work. Not sure what it will be.

Med has me wanting to make that soup or fondue.

We had meatball subs and salads. I hollow out the roll, layer in the meatballs and cover with sauce, cheese on top and bake for 25 mins at 350°F.

I am doing veggie stir-fry with shrimp on top of lemon-grass infused basmati rice.
So I didn't tell my Dad everything I did to make the stir-fry and rice. The rice, well, I tossed some black tea in while it was cooking. Did the same re: the veggies, used tea instead of stock. Dad's response to tonight's stir-fry "that was really good, best I've had in a long time--what did you do?"

Ha-ha-ha. What you don't see me do in the kitchen will surprise you!

I had just enough salad dressing tonight to make one more salad, so I ended up getting what looked like the smallest head of lettuce I've ever seen at the grocery store today.

So I had a salad with chicken, bacon, cheese, and Caesar dressing followed by a chocolate pudding cup and a bowl of blueberries.

I had a friendly visit with my dentist today. Just so happens she was born in Cleveland (moved to VT when she was 5) and went to college at Case Western Reserve University for her medical/dentistry training. It was like going home without leaving!

Anyway, Himself did a number on the last of the corned beef by making himself a sandwich; he also finished the little bit of potato-and-ham casserole. I munched on the inside of my cheek while trying to have some soup (I thought it was a corn kernel from the chowder! :ohmy: ). Much later, after the effects of Novocaine had completely worn off, I finished off the fried rice. We each had a small dish of chocolate peanut butter ice cream - me because my boo-boo mouth wanted it, him just to keep things even. :D

Airline snacks and a Subway roast beef sandwich in Dallas airport..

By the time we got into Springfield, MO, we just picked up pizza for dinner..

Wednesday night we cook at home.. :yum:

Ross

I'm doing a frittata of Swiss chard, onion, garlic and Parmesan. very basic, but easy and delicious. White wine.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Last night I made chicken fajitas with all the fixings,along with guacamole. 0509172013a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom