Wed. dinner July 30, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What (if anything) is cooking at your house?

Another hot day here and I was hungry for Chicken Tortilla Soup, so I'm doing it out on the grill side burner. Steve will make a salad.

What's happening at your house?

After spending most of midday making eggplant Parmesan using eggplants from our garden, we had eggplant Parmesan for tonight's meal. I sliced off a couple of nice thick slices from a rustic loaf of bread I'd made on Saturday and turned it into garlic bread. A plate of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, form the garden of course, finished out the meal. A small slice of the pina colada cake for dessert since both of us were so full.

Andy, chicken breasts with bone in and skin on are my favorite way to grill chicken breasts. They tend to be moister than boneless skinless, and I love the skin with a little crispy char on it. :yum:

I had a BLT salad this evening. I toasted some dill rye bread and broke it into pieces to sprinkle on top. Actually, it was a BLT salad with avocado and sprouts, so I guess technically I had a BLAST. :LOL: Pretty yummy stuff.

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I finally made it. Fabulous! I give it 4 stars instead of 5 though... it's just too much work to make. It's not hard... just a lot of steps. This one was topped with my turkey meatballs, chicken Italian sausage, and of course sauce (home made) & mozzarella. I will definitely make this again

Tempura Fried Avocado Taco

img_1378001_0_e0815aa22694c14dbaf350540eeccef5.jpg

Just curious Andy...did you brine them?

Yes, Kayelle, I did. I'm getting completely turned off to chicken breasts. Even brined and cooked to the right temperature, they are on the dry side.

We much prefer thighs but a breast sneaks in from time to time.

Pasta Alfredo (with a "lite" sauce) thanks to my neighbour. I am on a high fiber low fat diet which is easy because I have been on it ever since my gallbladder/ liver problems earlier this year.

At least you're in your own home eating pretty regular-type food LP. Gotta feel good!!

We had buttered noodles seasoned with Penzeys Greek Seasoning (thanks for the recommendation pac!). Himself grilled almost plain pork chops (just paprika), peaches basted with cinnamon/brown sugar butter, and zucchini. Ah yes, the zucchini. I had this bright idea to put them in the fish griller so that they could all be turned at one time. Well, when they started to get done Himself didn't have the flexibility to move the finished ones to the side... You know how a marshmallow gets when you toast it over a fire, and the outside is all black and scorched and the inside is soft and melty? :huh: They were like that. We still ate them up! :pig:

On my own and not very hungry. I had 'shrooms on toast. I will probably have some of the rabarbergrød (rhubarb pudding) from yesterday.

At least you're in your own home eating pretty regular-type food LP. Gotta feel good!!

Yes, considering I was getting pudding, soup, milk and juice....that's it! And that was for lunch and dinner!

The pasta was still a little rich, but I ate about half what she made me, which was a lot!

Yes, Kayelle, I did. I'm getting completely turned off to chicken breasts. Even brined and cooked to the right temperature, they are on the dry side.

We much prefer thighs but a breast sneaks in from time to time.

Hi hear ya Andy. I never buy them anymore for the same reason. Trouble is, once the die hard white meat people finally get a clue, thighs will double in price. :huh:

Hi hear ya Andy. I never buy them anymore for the same reason. Trouble is, once the die hard white meat people finally get a clue, thighs will double in price. :huh:
Around here, you can buy boneless, skinless chicken thighs and they cost as much as chicken breast. I never did much like chicken breast.

Happy belated birthday Craig. Enjoy your birthday meal.

We went to La Porte grecque - Restaurant - Apporter votre vin - Dollard-des-Ormeaux (Warning, that link starts playing Greek music when you open it. There is an on/off button.) for supper after some shopping. The food was wonderful, as usual.

We started with dolmadakia with avgolemono sauce (there were 8 to start with)

20140731_204749.jpg

Stirling had pork souvlaki, with a Caesar salad and roast potato:

20140731_205607.jpg

And I had the bacon wrapped scallops with salad and roast potato.

20140731_205636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom