What else do people put in their coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont do coffee anymore, just decaf, but when I did drink coffee, my favorite was a raspberry chocolate bean that I ground and brewed. I added milk and just a bit of sugar.

I prefer regular coffee with just a little bit of cream. I used to drink flavored coffees all the time but got tired of them, except for now just once in a great while.

Hello Pdilippa

Caramel sounds good. But my waistline. If i did not drink so much coffee, I would put caramel in.

Mel

Hello Uncle Bob

I had chicory in my coffee once. It came with the coffee, when I bought it. It did taste good. Unfortunately, it also came with sugar. If I add my own chicory, to the coffee, i could have it unsweetened.
Where do u buy your chicory? What does chicory actually look like?

Mel

Hello Michelemarie

I did not even realise, that one can buy flavoured creamer. I suppose i could make my own, now that u have given me the idea.
I could buy some fresh cream, and put vanilla in it and then put it in the fridge, to use, when I need.

Mel

Home made Irish cream.
Wow!!!!
Just at Christmas, I was wondering if it is possible to make this.
This will be a useful recipe.

Mel

Hello VeraBlue

That does sound good. But I think i will keep it for special occassions.

Mel

Thanks Dove

Irish cream is certainly good, in coffee. But I will also save that one for special occasions.

Mel

Mel....

I don't know if you can buy just chicory...I have never seen it..

I buy/drink a coffee made by Community Coffee Company...It is called "New Orleans Blend" The coffee/chicory is blended together in the bag. It is on every grocery shelf here...If you can't find it in your area...they do have a web site....Some folks love it...others hate it....Isn't that why they make apples and they make oranges???:)

got off the plane and headed for the airport coffee shop. while there, for my coffee later on the plane, I took some vanilla, chocolate, nutmeg and cinnamon in a napkin for my plane coffee may taste good too. the days of half and half are gone and the flavored creams are also too high in fat. the ff ones are boring so why bother?

usually it's just s+l and black coffee

Mel.
The Irish Cream is Michelemarie's recipe.
I'm not clcear on the butter flavoring..is that the powderd kind like butter buds or the king from a spice jar that can go over popcorn??

Thanks Uncle Bob.

I will look out, for it, in the shops.

Mel

Folks, I do have what looks like the perfect product for this thread. It combines just about every nice ingredient or flavouring known. But the only fly in the ointment is that the manufacturer forgot the coffee!!:ohmy: Seriously though, it is a nice and healthy coffee substitute that tastes a lot like coffee (minus the caffeine) and also includes Uncle Bob's chicory too!;)

Dove said:
Mel.
The Irish Cream is Michelemarie's recipe.
I'm not clcear on the butter flavoring..is that the powderd kind like butter buds or the king from a spice jar that can go over popcorn??

Butter flavoring can be found on your grocer's aisle..near/next to vanilla, almond, etc flavoring.

try a small handful of orange peels in your coffee, leave them there about a half hour, reheat coffee without orange peels, keep the cup covered

also, marijuana is a popular item to soak in coffee, especially in india.

I can honestly say I've never put beer in my coffee...

I have however, put coffee in my beer. Espresso stout is a wonderful beer on a cold evening! :-p

As for what else goes in the coffee... Not much.

John

Jurdoc said:
try a small handful of orange peels in your coffee, leave them there about a half hour, reheat coffee without orange peels, keep the cup covered

This reminded me of Cafe' Brulot....nice orange, cinnanom, cloves, taste..

Hello Boufa

Are u going to tell us the name of that product or is it a secret?
I suppose, if it tastes fantastic, i would drink it at night, instead of my heavily caffinated drinks. I love tea(the caffinated kind) and coffee.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom