What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a company picnic, they ran out of burgers so I had half a hotdog with mustard. That's why it was was a half, no relish to be found. Ketchup was available, but that's sacreligious on a hotdog.

We have been a bit overwhelmed by the veggies...I called a friend and offered a couple of dozen eggs, 1 doz ears of corn, some toms, and sweet peppers. He stopped in yesterday morning...and brought me a LARGE zucchini. I made the DH take the zucchini on Sunday. I made zucchini fritter Parmesan for lunch (basically, follow the method one would use for eggplant but substitute grated zucchini like a potato pancake, and fry that for about 2-3 minutes each side to crisp, finish in the oven, top with sauce and cheese). It was very good!

We have been a bit overwhelmed by the veggies...I called a friend and offered a couple of dozen eggs, 1 doz ears of corn, some toms, and sweet peppers. He stopped in yesterday morning...and brought me a LARGE zucchini. I made the DH take the zucchini on Sunday. I made zucchini fritter Parmesan for lunch (basically, follow the method one would use for eggplant but substitute grated zucchini like a potato pancake, and fry that for about 2-3 minutes each side to crisp, finish in the oven, top with sauce and cheese). It was very good!

They had 3 pound zucchini at the Farmers Market, selling for $1 each or 3 for $2, I cant even think what to do with a 3 pound zucchini, my brain won't let me.

They had 3 pound zucchini at the Farmers Market, selling for $1 each or 3 for $2, I cant even think what to do with a 3 pound zucchini, my brain won't let me.
Chicken feed....that's what I do with the ones we missed in the garden and are too big. FP is my friend right now. I'm surprised they weren't giving the zucchini away ("this woman" gives zucchini away--the best way to do so is to put a line of barbed wire across the road forcing cars to stop and accept a zuke as the toll ticket for passage).:ohmy:

Chicken feed....that's what I do with the ones we missed in the garden and are too big. FP is my friend right now. I'm surprised they weren't giving the zucchini away ("this woman" gives zucchini away--the best way to do so is to put a line of barbed wire across the road forcing cars to stop and accept a zuke as the toll ticket for passage).:ohmy:

I was surprised they didn't have to put a leash on them.:LOL:

Grilled chicken on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato and barbecue sauce.

Nothing. The meanies at the at the hospital don't feed you if you are going to go under. And then when I got home at six, I proceeded to fall asleep. I am going to bring my daughter a small Italian sub to split with her husband later today. Yesterday when she woke up, she asked for breakfast. She didn't eat very much, but she was hungry. A good sign. I think I will bring myself an Eggplant sub to eat whele I am there, encouraging her to eat with me. Eggplant. My favorite veggie. YUM!:yum::yum:

Now that sounds delicious :yum:

Was that cooked at home or at a cafe Fiona?

It was in the refrigerated section at The Good Food Store, had it cold at my desk.

Today I'm taking some of the seafood chowder and will see what looks good in produce on my way about town. I'm in the mood for peaches.

I was at the state fair all morning. To tell the truth, I found this tempting:
img_1179762_0_4ce13091e11d811aa0fa131c4607f0c4.jpg

But I was good and just had a veggie kabob. Then when I got home I had a bowl of black bean chili and a salad.

img_1179762_1_8a5e2f1c1e4cf5b7f19ac81e32114147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom