What's cookin' on Sunday, March 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I went out and got everything to make shrimp and Grits, but then got a phone call and a dinner invite. So, I guess that I will make it tomorrow. That mention of mushrooms made me realize that I was going to get mushrooms to go in it too.

KitchenElf's recipe from the New Orleans releif thread. But I'm going to put some of my own twists on it. Thanks KE.

Whatever cafe/restaurant I run into where the smells are tempting. Didn't make it to Katz or 2nd Ave deli but will next week. The lunch I had at Becco filled me up so much that I had to walk the world. The smells of the city are so good that I melt with anticipation.

went to see dh at the firestation and ended up having their leftover breakfast burritos for my dinner. dessert was lots and lots of smiles from Callum. He is so smiley tonight!:)

Sorry to hear of your sick babe, michelemarie! We're all still sick here too.

i went a little crazy grilling today. we went to costco, then food shopping, so i had to cook stuff to make room for the new stuff.
so, i grilled a few pounds of pork sirloins and boneless rib ends, chicken breasts marinated in sesame/ginger or japanese eel bbq sauce, and burgers made from halal beef, red onions, worcestershire sauce, evoo, and parsley.

i think i have enough meat for lunches for the week.

My roast chicken turned out beautifully. The friends who just got in from Virginia loved it, my British friend loved it. The mashed potato casserole was great (what a concept, one of those things you can make early in the day) and my mango/cuke salad was absolutely sucked up. My British friend made a boozy bread pudding for desert (as a general rule, I don't do desert, I get friends to do it) and it was to die for. Real, old-fashioned comfort food. A perfect little supper party.

Back
Top Bottom