What's for dinner, Monday Jan 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we are going to have AllenOK's Bourbon Street Chicken and Ol Blue's Honey butter bread.

I haven't thought about eating yet, because I just got up. :rolleyes: For me, getting up at 8:00 am is sleeping in.

I have some store-bought cheese ravioli in the freezer, and I just took out some spaghetti sauce to thaw. That's what I'll make my BF with italian bread (either plain with butter or garlic bread).

Myself, I don't know.. maybe some baked cauliflower and nice salad.

Hot pastrami sandwiches with provolone and mustard, pickle & slaw and ice tea.

pork Souvakia, sauted leeks, and pita bread which I'll fry with spices.

I'm in my Greek food mood :)

We're having salmon parcels... because I started them yesterday for guests who bailed at the last minute and the salmon will go bad otherwise. Not sure what I'll serve them with, I strongly suspect bok choi will be involved.

I have no idea, but Lefty, you're killing me - I can't get that stuff.
And I've seen chorizo, heads on shrimp, chicken salad and pizza, and a raspberry torte.
What to do, what to do????????????????????

I have left over ribs with terryaki glaze and left over potato salad, so that would be my guess.

There is a newly opened restaurant in town so my daughter and I will be trying it out tonight. They specialize in barbecue so I will be ordering the pulled pork sandwich.

the beginnings of my beef vegetable soup is starting to simmer, just added the bones from yesterdays beef roast. It will contain all home grown veggies; onions, garlic, celery, sweet potatoes, cabbage, tomato juice, potatoes, green beans, sweet corn, and kale.

but, that is not we're having for dinner:LOL:

want to finish off some left overs first, mashed potatoes and roast beef, probably a hash for supper tonight

I had about 3/4 of a pint fruit jar of oysters left from Frying some Saturday night..
My fried food quota is maxed out until next Saturday so....I dug out some Swrimp, and Crab Stock...added all my stuff and now I have a gumbo on the stove...Right before we eat I slide in about a 1/1/2 pound of swimps...followed by the oysters.

We bought a new cookbook on Saturday - The Marks & Spencer Curry Bible. My youngest wanted me to make the chicken biryani - so thats what I did - includin a franctic dash around six supermarkets to find star anise and poppy seeds. It turned out well - a really good find as a cook book.

Arancini with the leftover risotto from this weekend... the risotto was good so I imagine frying and additional cheese will only make it better... i better pick up some salad greens to go with it though.

Back
Top Bottom