Whats for dinner Monday May 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misslynda

Assistant Cook
well i'm going to make a new dish with meat ravioli and a beef sauce with some peas and julianned carrots in it.... yikes lets see how this turns out...:ermm:

I took some pasta sauce out of the freezer. We're having pasta tonight with a tossed salad.

same as last night

I made a spinach soup and also made up one packet of a dehydrated camping meal.. It was a jamaican chicken with red beans and rice.....turned out very tasty mixed in with the soup....much better than if we had eaten the camper meal solo!

Pizza from our pizza oven. I got whole wheat wraps for the crust. I'm gonna sautee onions and green peppers, maybe add some pineapple to the topping.

Pulled pork pizza using some of the pork from Friday night. I think that we will cook it in the Big Green Egg.
C

We ate such rich food over the weekend, we're both ready for a chef salad. I have Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, bleu cheese, leftover boiled shrimp and homemade bread for croutons.

turkey burger, havarti slice, & lettuce blend wiothout bread. just not hungry for bread. leftover berry salad with whipped cream. a non-alcohoic margarita.

I've got leftover ham and shoestring potatoes, and lots of cheese, so will try to make some kind of casserole out of it. Hope it's edilble. :LOL:

i made a new recipe called chicken enchilada casserole. made bout three pounds of. less labor that reg. enchilada, no rolling of tortillas. just layered flour tortillas , chicken in sauce,(green sauce) refried beans, sour cream and cheese. my son will take the bulk of it to his house. couple dinners for me as well. the taco seasoning made it a tad salty for me. but ok.

We had BBQ chicken with rice for a side and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I tried a new thing with the rice. I cooked it in chicken broth and added a packet of Italian salad dressing then added butter after it was cooked. Came out very tasty.

Hot Dogs - Wal Mart was actually out of Nathan's hot dogs :eek:, so we will be trying our first Hebrew National tonight. They look good, and they're sure pricey enough.

I was hungry early, so I made a turkey melt. It had deli turkey, Havarti cheese
yum.gif
, sauteed red/green bell pepper/mushrooms, lettuce and a tomato on a hoagie roll. On the side, I served a makeshift coleslaw, which was very tasty! :)
img_822196_1_f88023885ac3c02355f18a5af9fc24f3.jpg

img_822196_2_11f7f9b14059602de843867b84247bd7.jpg

Mark had to work late, so I made him a breaded pork chop cooked in mushroom soup, mixed vegies and a small roll with butter. This seemed to me to be a boring meal, but he enjoyed it. I guess that's all that matters. :cool:
img_822196_3_e447446d11dfddea9609917b856bb241.jpg

My husband had wanted me to do a meatloaf with some ground venison someone gave us. Little did we know that the economy being what it was, our house restorers (we have a 160 or so year old home) were coming ... well, yesterday. Normally it takes months to get the attention of anyone good at that kind of work. This project was to be the dining room, which means we emptied all of our china, silver, and crystal on to any available surface. We'd already agreed to call in, carry out, nuke, or eat out for the week or two the project would take, but we didn't think they'd be here so soon. So here I was with a pound of ground venison, some pork fat to help it, etc, so I managed somehow. Meatloaf, green beans, baked potato. But I'm not planning on cooking for the next week or two.

Back
Top Bottom