What's For Dinner Sunday December 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Never thought I'd be the one to start this thread!

We're having our Christmas gift exchange with my daughters, SIL and grandson today and the menu is appetizers and desserts.

I have puff pastry roll ups with prosciutto and cheese, cheese puffs and Armenian style meatballs with a tzatziki sauce for dipping. One daughter is bringing a hot crab dip and the other stuffed mushrooms.

Dessert is an assortment of cookies and a pumpkin roll.

Bourbon, Neat........
Pork Chop, Grilled.......
Potato, Baked....
Green Beans, Sauteed....
Peaches, Cobblered...... :ermm:
Ice Cream, Frozen.........

Haven't decided yet. Had a good German meal for lunch after church of jager schnitzel, spatzle and kartoffelsalat (potato salad). Will make either hamburger stuffing or scalloped potatoes and ham depending on how hungry people are.

speaking of cobblered peaches UB, I thought of you the other day.....not sure why:), when I made the unexpected discovery that cider and whiskey go very well together:chef:

anyway, still working on the lasagna and ice cream

Bethzaring said:
speaking of cobblered peaches UB, I thought of you the other day.....not sure why:), when I made the unexpected discovery that cider and whiskey go very well together

:ermm: Hush girl!!! Dontcha be telling everyone....The price of Cider will go through the roof!!!:LOL:

Hugs!

We'll eat at church, between praise team practice and the service. I'm bringing the dessert: rosettes and chocolates. I made the chocolates using a white "chocolate" ganache, having steeped orange peels in the cream, along with a couple of cloves and almond extract. I dipped them in dark chocolate and garnished with the orange peels that I rinsed, then cooked in a simple syrup.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 176
Wyogal, those butterflies (angels?) are beautiful. What are they and can you pass on a recipe?

Tonight is still a bit up in the air. Either pork stir fry, or pork bits in some kind of sauce and a spinach salad. I'm not sure what I want to do here. I'll post back later.

Rosettes... I know, they are shaped like butterflies, it's an antique iron. You dip it in batter and fry one at a time.
2 eggs, 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 c. milk, 1 c. flour, 1 tsp. melted butter. I also added almond extract.
Scandinavian

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 181
Wyogal said:
I made the chocolates using a white "chocolate" ganache, having steeped orange peels in the cream, along with a couple of cloves and almond extract. I dipped them in dark chocolate and garnished with the orange peels that I rinsed, then cooked in a simple syrup.

Now that I've clean the drool off my keyboard...Those sounds delicious!!!:chef:

Last year I made some that were flavored with tequila and garnished with lime peel and coarse salt... (all dark choc)

Rosettes... I know, they are shaped like butterflies, it's an antique iron. You dip it in batter and fry one at a time.
2 eggs, 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 c. milk, 1 c. flour, 1 tsp. melted butter. I also added almond extract.
Scandinavian

So I'm pooched without the iron. Rats. Maybe my MIL has one. She has the stuff for krumkaga (sp?) and lefse so maybe she's got that too. They look wonderful.

lousy, starchy soup with too many items suspended in the overly-viscous broth, & lo-mein noodles with seafood/chix/beef/pork.

...a mess! I was heating a jar of Alfredo sauce in the microwave after removing the lid. Rather than dirty a dish, I simply covered the open jar with a small piece of plastic wrap. After heating on medium for 2 minutes and stiring, I heated a little more... but the plastic wrap softened too much and created a seal... and more than 10 oz. of creamy, gooey, drippy Alfredo sauce erupted and coated every square millimeter of the interior of my microwave! It took 10 minutes to clean it out! (yuck!)

awww heck! 10:22 and I just realized I DIDN'T eat dinner! Kiddo wanted subway earlier and I wasn't hungry then.... guess I will go rummage through the fridge. :cool:

Picked up a bottle of Tikka Masala sauce today on a whim.
Gussied up things a little with some onions, zucchini and marinated the chicken...
I like the sauce, and will be researching some recipes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom