What's for dinner, Thursday 11th of April?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still working my way through my pot of posole...I've had posole, I've had it topped with a poached egg, I've had "Holy Posole" tacos (homemade mini whole wheat tacos), posole mac-n-cheese. Probably have posole topped with a poached egg tonight since I had the posole mac-n-cheese for breakfast. I probably should have put some in the freezer, but there is so much stuff in the freezer...

Pork Ragu over pappardelle. Adding red wine, & crimini mushrooms (at the end of cooking time). Garlic bread on the side.

Pork Ragù

SO wants to nibble for dinner. I have a container of leftover chicken and mushroom stock in the freezer I will use as a base for sour cream mushroom soup. Or cream of mushroom if I don't have any sour cream left.

SO wants to nibble for dinner. I have a container of leftover chicken and mushroom stock in the freezer I will use as a base for sour cream mushroom soup. Or cream of mushroom if I don't have any sour cream left.
Do you have a recipe for those soups? Sounds very appealing and I have some 'shrooms wrinkling in the fridge.

No-gravy ham, roasted head of cauliflower, the ubiquitous salad and some sort of potato. Thinking mashed, or paprika potato cubes, or maybe twice-baked. My Mom used to make those and call them "Volcano potatoes" because when she put them back into the oven for the second bake she would put a piece of uncooked bacon on the top, then sprinkle some paprika all over them. Yup, I'll make those - bacon wins!:yum:

Baseball got cancelled for me since the student I interpret for is not at the game. Was going to do leftovers with everyone catching a meal when they were hungry but now I guess I have to figure out a meal. I'll probably do something with chicken. Maybe some rice and salads.

Finally getting around to making a Taco Bake. My daughter said they make it in her cafeteria. She usually brings her lunch so she asked me to make some for her. I am not a casseroley type guy, but we are going to give it a whirl....

Another United Way fundraiser take and bake dinner, they've all been really good so far! Tonight, Olive Garden-style salad, garlic bread, and stuffed shells with sausage, spinach and manicoti. They say it's for 4 people, looks more like 8. We always have leftovers. A good deal for $20!

Last edited:
I'm really not feeling energetic, so probably carbonara. Maybe a very simple salad with that.
The carbonara was good. I used organic, wholegrain, wheat fusilli. The salad was good too, even though I had to use scallions instead of the red onion I had wanted to use. I took it out of the fridge and lost it. :wacko:

I found it in the hall, on the floor, after supper. :ermm: :LOL: I guess it fell off the dishwasher (its portable, I use it like an island).

...I had to use scallions instead of the red onion I had wanted to use. I took it out of the fridge and lost it. :wacko:...

At least you have a red onion to use for your NEXT salad!

I wander through the house constantly saying to DH "now where did I put that ______?" Not as bad as my Grandma was thought. Mom would tell the story of grandma holding a paring knife woven through fingers, waving her hand and asking "now where is my knife?" Grandma was dangerous!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom